Ford/New Holland

If it has been properly done, its not crazy money given the new tyres.
Ya tyres alone are around 3k for it and all the inside appears to be done in the new so ya it's not bad value at all ! I wonder what would he give me for my own :laugh:

Supersteer never gave an ounce of trouble,

In general would be a very solid machine, Magnum always outsold it though on account of its longe wheelbase and prior reputation. Both tractors built on the same line.

Mcmurrys told us they wouldn't touch i supersteer.
Probably fine of its kept greased but in many cases that doesnt happen

So it was a case of running down what they didn’t have to sell,

Go down around kinsale and you’d be ate for a supersteer.

I wouldn’t put too much fairh in the comments of a non franchised trader. Hear similar comments all the time.

Ive never owned a supersteer im only going off what ive been told.
Its a wonder they werent more popular.
Surely theres more moving parts than a standard set up??

I ran a supersteer TM125 for aa few years, brilliant monouverability in the field but it was more akward turning in tight gates than a regular axle because it pushed the outside front wheel forwards making it longer and meeting the gatepost sooner, often had to shunt where a regular one would drive stright in.

Anybody else ever have bother with aSLE 40 series having to calibrate it every time it starts?
Haven't heard of that ever but I thought they would only calibrate if the oil was above a certain temperature so how would you calibrate it from a cold start.

Anybody else ever have bother with aSLE 40 series having to calibrate it every time it starts?

That would suggest that the keep alive memory(KAM) fuse is blown or the KAM battery is knackered.Think it may be in or part of the ECU though.........Just guessing.

If you have a deadman switch fitted you need to fit a ten amp fuse across the back of switch terminals to keep the ECU alive, after about four days with no power the tractor will lose its calibration settings. You can calibrate it manually or if this doesn't set the fill time correctly it's time to plug her into the computer and set her remotely.
MF30

Anybody following the Paul Cable collection sale that Chiffon had today?

I see the County 1474 made 90k!!!, the 7000 over 26k :scared: (it was bought for around 12k I think and lightly restored), a 7810 Silver Jubilee made 35k :scared:, while the Doe didnt make as much as I thought it would at only 42k.:undecided:

Back