Ford/New Holland

Anyone have issues with the ts115 shearing the bolts on the knuckle of the PTO shaft when it's engaged?.
Seems to have a high torque starting off and if the revs are anyway up at all, bang and the wrenches come out to put a new bolt in the knuckle to get going. Frustrating when spreading slurry...

Anyone have issues with the ts115 shearing the bolts on the knuckle of the PTO shaft when it's engaged?.
Seems to have a high torque starting off and if the revs are anyway up at all, bang and the wrenches come out to put a new bolt in the knuckle to get going. Frustrating when spreading slurry...
Is worse cold or warm? Wat oil in back-end?

ur shown ur age now @Arthur
index.php

Didn't most consider the TW10 to be pretty gutless given it's low power to weight ratio?

Mind you I still wouldn't say no to one!

Didn't most consider the TW10 to be pretty gutless given it's low power to weight ratio?

Mind you I still wouldn't say no to one!
Your right they were very gutless.. This one was fitted with a TB turbo kit so transformed it.

Is worse cold or warm? Wat oil in back-end?

No difference cold or warm. I think its the more the PTO wants to jump from 0 to 200rpm in an instant instead of ramping up which shears the bolt in the photo... A stronger bolt may work better but doesn't resolve the underlying issue the shear force is massive when PTO is engaged initially.

We put maxol ultrafarm 10w/30 in the back axle. Why would this have an impact?

Attachments

• IMG_20180725_124339.jpg
    IMG_20180725_124339.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 30
No difference cold or warm. I think its the more the PTO wants to jump from 0 to 200rpm in an instant instead of ramping up which shears the bolt in the photo... A stronger bolt may work better but doesn't resolve the underlying issue the shear force is massive when PTO is engaged initially.

We had a snappy PTO on an old ford 7600 and if you had the Dual power in high or low ‘I cannot remember ‘ it engaged slower . Is there any service you could operate that would starve the pack and slowdown the engagement .

We had a snappy PTO on an old ford 7600 and if you had the Dual power in high or low ‘I cannot remember ‘ it engaged slower . Is there any service you could operate that would starve the pack and slowdown the engagement .
Worst case scenario you could put a pipe from a spool to free flow return and try pumping that while engaging the pto. Is the pto solenoid valve ment to feather it in? Could try changing it?

Pto engagement is usually activated by a separate low pressure circuit so may not be affected by spools.
Maybe the pressure is too high in this circuit??

i bought my slurry tanker s/h and the previous owner said the only fault he had with it was it kept breaking shear pins , he used it on a pair of ts 115,s but i,ve never had a problem with shear pins either on the fiats or a tsa so its obviously a fault on the ts range

Pto engagement is usually activated by a separate low pressure circuit so may not be affected by spools.
Maybe the pressure is too high in this circuit??
Either that or the clutch plates are warped causing it to grab on engagement. unusual to have warped plates so maybe whatever modulates the pressure needs a calibration.

I'd be under the impression that your straight 10w30 oil is not correct, the 40 series here uses a much thinner fluid suitable for wet brakes and clutch packs. Phone the main dealer for info on correct oil or if you want I'll post a pic of the correct oil label on the can.
MF30

Back