Ford/New Holland

Regarding an antifreeze change in the coolant system on a 1993 Ford 4630, do people still use the recommended Ford FW-15 inhibitor or do the modern coolants mean this is no longer required ? I think the local NH dealer said that most people don't bother with the inhibitor as modern antifreeze has additives that mean it is no longer required ?

Thinking about getting the tm165 clutch calibrated but dont know how to. have the workshop manual for the newer tm's and it has calibration instructions so wondering if using the instructions from that manual will work on the tm165. also on the manual they have 2 different instructions. one for the tm120-155 and the other for the tm175 and 190 so which one to use if those instructions will work

Evening all.
I'm on the look out for an ap cab 6610 ,7610 , 6410 or a 6810. I'm planning on putting a loader on it as back up for loading hay to keep the 7840 free. If any one has one for sale message me please. Cabs must be reasonably tidy.

Regarding an antifreeze change in the coolant system on a 1993 Ford 4630, do people still use the recommended Ford FW-15 inhibitor or do the modern coolants mean this is no longer required ? I think the local NH dealer said that most people don't bother with the inhibitor as modern antifreeze has additives that mean it is no longer required ?
Has it the Powerstar engine? If so a decent antifreeze mix should be fine. I've been told that John Deere Coolgard is among the best coolants available for corrosion inhibition so maybe go with it regardless.

As said by mf30 I would use the John Deere coolguard!

There's plenty of reading in the cvx thread, what do you want to know?
dont know tbh. i seen a few on done deal before going for less than 30k. whenever i think of vario transmissions i for some reason expect them to be at least 40k. maybe its the amount of fendt's i've seen. to me for some reason that spells out problems with them. are they not as reliable, are they a dog for a machine?

Sure I've seen them with a super duncan.

What year would they have been made upto?

1979 or very early 80s. They stopped around the same time as Roadless ceased production if memory serves me right.

Evening all.
I'm on the look out for an ap cab 6610 ,7610 , 6410 or a 6810. I'm planning on putting a loader on it as back up for loading hay to keep the 7840 free. If any one has one for sale message me please. Cabs must be reasonably tidy.

Have you tried McDonald Machinery or Paddy Leacy in Wexford? Both export older Ford's so may have something to suit.

Reactions: Vry
Not a Ford but a predecessor...

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagemachinery-for-sale/fordson-major-plymouth/21628733

I don't think you'd take a current tractor when it's 60 years old and add an engine with probably six times the power :sweat:

YjYwMDc3ZTNhMzEwMmMwYjg0MjQzNWE1ZjQxZGI1M2LYJIDwmdqst6B6kFkNrrrQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjI4NTMzOTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Has it the Powerstar engine? If so a decent antifreeze mix should be fine. I've been told that John Deere Coolgard is among the best coolants available for corrosion inhibition so maybe go with it regardless.

It's not a Powerstar afaik.

Looks like Cool-Gard II (replacement for Cool-Gard I think) is good for 6 years so probably worth it, I guess I'll give Farm Power a shout.

dont know tbh. i seen a few on done deal before going for less than 30k. whenever i think of vario transmissions i for some reason expect them to be at least 40k. maybe its the amount of fendt's i've seen. to me for some reason that spells out problems with them. are they not as reliable, are they a dog for a machine?
Why does a vario tractor have to be at least 40k? As they get older they get worth less like any tractor, the one here would be 18 year old and you wouldn't expect that to be 40k. In fact it wasn't much over £20k 4 years ago. A Fendt always commands a premium, that doesn't necessarily mean its better, maybe it is, maybe its not. A cvx/tvt is not with out its potential problems for sure, a lot of makes will have their own issues, none are perfect and they can all breakdown.

Why does a vario tractor have to be at least 40k? As they get older they get worth less like any tractor, the one here would be 18 year old and you wouldn't expect that to be 40k. In fact it wasn't much over £20k 4 years ago. A Fendt always commands a premium, that doesn't necessarily mean its better, maybe it is, maybe its not. A cvx/tvt is not with out its potential problems for sure, a lot of makes will have their own issues, none are perfect and they can all breakdown.
just have it in my head that whenever i see a tractor with vario transmission, i think "ooohhh, that must of cost a pretty penny". no matter the brand, age of tractor, etc.

just have it in my head that whenever i see a tractor with vario transmission, i think "ooohhh, that must of cost a pretty penny". no matter the brand, age of tractor, etc.
Is a Auto Command New Holland about 10k dearer than a standard gearbox, sure that's what I've heard people say.

I expect if you priced a like for like cvx and fendt 10 years ago the fendt would have been 10k extra and maybe more, So you would expect there to be a difference when second hand at say 8k hrs.

Back