Front and rear mower combinations.

he didnt have front and rear mowers and got fed up with the single mower so sold it and started something else. i dont see a problem, maybe if he had front and rear it wouuld have been different.

how does the mounted follow on corners or what is the overlap, never used any just a trail. thinking next mower maybe rear mounted to get to ten ft but still go through narrow gates, maybe front mower sometime

The mounted mower wont keep the corners round , but this doesnt matter when you are tedding and raking , we spread the grass the full width with the mower and the rake corrects the straightness and the round corners. all the mower has to do is knock the grass as fast as it can.

he didnt have front and rear mowers and got fed up with the single mower so sold it and started something else. i dont see a problem, maybe if he had front and rear it wouuld have been different.

how does the mounted follow on corners or what is the overlap, never used any just a trail. thinking next mower maybe rear mounted to get to ten ft but still go through narrow gates, maybe front mower sometime

As I said earlier I went from trailed to mounted and prefer the mounted, as explained before you do have bother with some corners but as its so easy to piock the mower up and reverse its not the end of the world to have a shunt in the corners.

shunt wouldnt be nice on harveter but ok for baler, could still use the trailed for all the harvester though. like the idea that a mounted wouldnt slide out of the hills.

shunt wouldnt be nice on harveter but ok for baler, could still use the trailed for all the harvester though. like the idea that a mounted wouldnt slide out of the hills.

True enough, all ours is raked so didnt think of the harvester, you can get round a fair corner without shunting, I put a pic up earlier of what I can get round.

I suppose if you had easy adjusted stabilisers you could hold the back one over to give a bigger overlap on the headlands and then move it over for the middles.

I use a front and rear kv mowers. They are 10ft 6 each. The rear is trailed and I think it may stay that way as I mow mostly in front of the harvester and group it. I know a mounted mower be easier getting into gaps but I will get my outfit into near any gate. Never didn't get in.

Used to use an older class front and rear. Front mower didn't have a full width conditioner and would choke up in heavy crops. And the rear mower was a balls as it didn't like grouping. The kv nearly never gives that kinda bother. Much stronger mower to. Mowers run the ground very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have switched from a trailed kv mower to a front and rear mounted kv mowers this year, so far I am very pleased with them. The only big downside to this combination is road transport, on small and bendy country roads the front mower is a big machine to meet coming around a bend, but in the fields there are a great outfit.

I have switched from a trailed kv mower to a front and rear mounted kv mowers this year, so far I am very pleased with them. The only big downside to this combination is road transport, on small and bendy country roads the front mower is a big machine to meet coming around a bend, but in the fields there are a great outfit.

On that point, what became of those krone (I think) double width trailed mowers? The end tow ones? Are they still made?

Would be far easier and safer on roads. And end tow would get it in most gaps a silage trailer would get into!

Plus the bonus of not needing front links and PTO.

On that point, what became of those krone (I think) double width trailed mowers? The end tow ones? Are they still made?

Would be far easier and safer on roads. And end tow would get it in most gaps a silage trailer would get into!

Not made anymore afaik. used to have a 4 metre one, it had a single bed whereas the 5 metre had two beds, it was still over 9ft wide in transport. KV made a 6 metre version, dont know whether they still do but they would not have sold many if any this side of the world.

Yea they can be dangerous on the roads alright and kv mowers are so wide when you have the gaurds folded down.

Know of a mower local to me. A tarrup. It's a end tow one. Think it's 4m. We rake after it sometimes for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw a kv (i think) end tow lately, down north Wexford behind a fendt, think it would have been a 4m had a grouper on it to, it was behind a wall when i saw it and i couldn't make out what the hell i was looking at at first as all i could see was the grouper up in the air behind the tractor!

Lely do one with 2 beds, think its 5.8m or something, there's also the potty novacat t8! Now thats a serious lump of a mower! Would suit [MENTION=1744]jcb411abuser[/MENTION] perfectly! 30ft wide trailed, if you had the power you could stick another ten ft up front :D

Like so; http://youtu.be/-AkYJM4pm0E

Saw a kv (i think) end tow lately, down north Wexford behind a fendt, think it would have been a 4m had a grouper on it to, it was behind a wall when i saw it and i couldn't make out what the hell i was looking at at first as all i could see was the grouper up in the air behind the tractor!

Lely do one with 2 beds, think its 5.8m or something, there's also the potty novacat t8! Now thats a serious lump of a mower! Would suit [MENTION=1744]jcb411abuser[/MENTION] perfectly! 30ft wide trailed, if you had the power you could stick another ten ft up front :D

Like so; http://youtu.be/-AkYJM4pm0E
Pottinger t8 is a awesome looking piece of kit. Was a lad asked about one when on the factory tour a couple of years ago it included a front mower but was £90k

The lely 550p is a disc only. It's non conditioner.

The taarup is a 4040, there were quite a few about. But it has to go up on a trolley for transport.

There was a vicon which was 6m, was basically a 3m with a 3pl that had a 3m mounted hung on it.

Pottinger t8 is a awesome looking piece of kit. Was a lad asked about one when on the factory tour a couple of years ago it included a front mower but was £90k

Would 90k be reasonable enough considering your looking at 4 mowers and a monster frame to carry 3 of them, well when compared to the price of a standard 10ft like. Price per foot of bed is probably reasonable enough?

The lely 550p is a disc only. It's non conditioner.

The taarup is a 4040, there were quite a few about. But it has to go up on a trolley for transport.

There was a vicon which was 6m, was basically a 3m with a 3pl that had a 3m mounted hung on it.

Id forgotten the lely was only a plain disc!

Would 90k be reasonable enough considering your looking at 4 mowers and a monster frame to carry 3 of them, well when compared to the price of a standard 10ft like. Price per foot of bed is probably reasonable enough?

Id forgotten the lely was only a plain disc!
Just a standard set of triples mounted on the frame so you just need to change the mowers and keep frame when upgrading.

Just a standard set of triples mounted on the frame so you just need to change the mowers and keep frame when upgrading.

Thought id read that was the case alright, id still imagine its working out relatively ok in comparison to a standard 10ft trailed id imagine.

Has a lot of the benefits of triples without you needing a big lump of a tractor to carry them, i know in reality the tractor to drive them over here will need to be that big anyways from a power point of view, but its a fair saving on the tires and back end of tractor to...

Thought id read that was the case alright, id still imagine its working out relatively ok in comparison to a standard 10ft trailed id imagine.

Has a lot of the benefits of triples without you needing a big lump of a tractor to carry them, i know in reality the tractor to drive them over here will need to be that big anyways from a power point of view, but its a fair saving on the tires and back end of tractor to...
Drawbar mounted engine and tow with 120hp ish?

Talking about 90k mowers is interesting, Prices and views of front and rear mounted mowers would be more interesting. :001_smile:

Drawbar mounted engine and tow with 120hp ish?

Interesting idea!

Talking about 90k mowers is interesting, Prices and views of front and rear mounted mowers would be more interesting. :001_smile:

Sorry didnt mean to de rail thread! :d now back on topic :D
I do find the mounted handy in awkward corners compared to trailed i drove, with mounted you just lift and shunt whereas the trailed you do have to be thinking about where the nose is swinging around and be even more so with a front mower to,

Back