front mounted rake

James

found this earlier could be useful with a bit of experience

at least you can lift it well up for the gateways

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCbUiwNZ_kc&feature=related"]Lely Rotonde 510 CD etukoneena - YouTube[/ame]

Clever. Would be better for a baler though, very awkward outfit to be in and out of fields and yard with.

seen a guy in classic tractor with a rotonde on the front links with a baler behind, how do you go about getting aroung tight coners on the headland, also defeats the purpose of raking as the rows are still damp underneath and need a few hrs to dry on top when turned,

problem with something like that is usually you want all the power you can get to drive your chopper

yeah not an ideal setup for uk/ire conditions unless large flat square fields and wide gates/lanes but i like his ingenuity

similar notion!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wmE9_dBsNI"]ELHO V-Twin 600 Flex Rake #3 - YouTube[/ame]
in front of a baler

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWc5UnjFjpA"]ELHO Twin 460 Rake - YouTube[/ame]

This video always impressed me, that little Same is going like a train, and look at the blow out of the harvester . .

That larl same certainly getting plenty of blow through chopper. Just a thought would that single rotor be any good at turning big swaths over after rake if it got wet? How about straw after combine?

I purchased an elho vtwin600 front rake, I use it on the front of my baleing tractor with my fusion on the back, works a treat, picks up just as good if not better than a rotary rake, transports very well folded up out the way and not sticking out much!
Big thumbs up

I purchased an elho vtwin600 front rake, I use it on the front of my baleing tractor with my fusion on the back, works a treat, picks up just as good if not better than a rotary rake, transports very well folded up out the way and not sticking out much!
Big thumbs up

How do u work corners , how many acres have u done with it and what width are u able to work at and hav u used it in straw ...??!!! Lots of questions but there not that many about !!!!

Wow lots of questions haha,
Tbh corners take some mastering but once you've got used to it it's no problem, keep the rake down and just lift the pickup reel up, and pick up the corners when you swing out the end of a row, you can fold it up running so no stopping and starting,
It's rakes up 6m of grass or 2x mower swaths,
I've baled 7000 bales of grass either silage or hay and used the front rake for 90 percent of the time, the other 10 percent used it on the rear of my other tractor when the fields were very small 2 acre ones!!
Used it on on 40 acres of wet straw on the rear of the tractor flipped the row over well, although I see elho do a smaller cheaper machine for the front which is aimed at straw swath inverting,
The machine had no problems all year and the guys a bought it from we're really good for some advice on setting it up for different crops, "shutts farm machinery" up in derbyshire.

couldnt agree more, anyway a rotonde is an ass of a rake only good for raking soil in

We have a rotounde and find it to be a great job, given this year was no year for using a rake!! We did all our own stuff with it and a few local people we do that had decent ground,able to rake up all the hay we managed to make with it too!

We had a rotonde kept for 2 seasons changed to lely725. we found the rotonde great in the stemmy swards but in the fine young grass had to keep her low to the ground to get her to lift it properly then she kicked dirt in. very fine line in her set up every sward acted differently always making adjustments.

We had a rotonde kept for 2 seasons changed to lely725. we found the rotonde great in the stemmy swards but in the fine young grass had to keep her low to the ground to get her to lift it properly then she kicked dirt in. very fine line in her set up every sward acted differently always making adjustments.

Got one last year same opinion as you lad great machine in stemmy grass doesn`t like the headland`s where the grass has been flattened need`s adjusting for every field .Big improvement on no rake though. How do you find the 725 Wouldnt mind if lely brought out a 6.5 mtr rake would change for one of them if they had one.

Got one last year same opinion as you lad great machine in stemmy grass doesn`t like the headland`s where the grass has been flattened need`s adjusting for every field .Big improvement on no rake though. How do you find the 725 Wouldnt mind if lely brought out a 6.5 mtr rake would change for one of them if they had one.

Great buy built from the ground up, cant complain havent broke a tine on her in 4 years. You can set her in to only take 2 10fts if that any use not to hard to do takes half hour but sward a bit narrow for baler!! The only thing i would like to change on the rake would be wider rear wheels.

Keep thinking it would useful on times, but is it really practical or more hassle than its worth? Getting about the roads seems to be the one problem there is.
Any thoughts??

Keep thinking it would useful on times, but is it really practical or more hassle than its worth? Getting about the roads seems to be the one problem there is.
Any thoughts??
Oh I'd love 1 on the front with the wagon:no:

I still say that in a wet year you'd have work comming out yer ears with one. Less crop contamination.

Otherwise a nightmare I'd say?

What i'm up against here is I have to get a neighbour to come and use the rake for me, thing is he has his own things to do but if he can come he will, although he's made comments about wanting to do less. Getting people to pay for a job that is no benefit to them is also a problem, in fact rowing up is a dead loss financially for me but it doubles the output of the baler. Also getting the rake to some places is tricky due to narrow lanes, having to cross other peoples fields is a pain! Just thought if you could go and do it on your own would save bothering others.

What i'm up against here is I have to get a neighbour to come and use the rake for me, thing is he has his own things to do but if he can come he will, although he's made comments about wanting to do less. Getting people to pay for a job that is no benefit to them is also a problem, in fact rowing up is a dead loss financially for me but it doubles the output of the baler. Also getting the rake to some places is tricky due to narrow lanes, having to cross other peoples fields is a pain! Just thought if you could go and do it on your own would save bothering others.

Wouldn't be bad if you could drop the rake and tow it behind the baler,trouble is by the time you've dicked about you could be half baled.

Local baler men always send the rake 1st,they will pass you by if you don't rake or pay for it.

Some numb rig on the road.

Back