Fusion baler mchale

Anything specific you want to know?

Nothing specific i bought the baler 2nd hand and got a few pages printed off of how the control box works but would ne handy having a book for chain tensions net brake set up etc.the spring behind the chain oiler tensioned by a turnbuckle has jumped off a couple of times and ive no idea if its not tight enuff or too tight ive a feeling it might need a new spring but mybe ok if the tension was set correctly.

Nothing specific i bought the baler 2nd hand and got a few pages printed off of how the control box works but would ne handy having a book for chain tensions net brake set up etc.the spring behind the chain oiler tensioned by a turnbuckle has jumped off a couple of times and ive no idea if its not tight enuff or too tight ive a feeling it might need a new spring but mybe ok if the tension was set correctly.
Would it be worth giving McHale a ring? They might not rob you for one

Would it be worth giving McHale a ring? They might not rob you for one
Ring factory in Balinrobe co Mayo they prob give you a book, get them to update your details on there system so your the current owner of ur baler. They will be able to tell you why chain jumps off. I found them v helpful anytime I rang them.

I had that turn buckle tightened fully and it still used to jump off so i welded a piece onto the spring so it cant jump off. They have it modified on newer machines.

Thanks i put a bolt through the eye aswell this morning and stayed on all day.still think the spring is knackered theres a couple mm between first 8-10 coils at each end and theres no gap in middle section if this makes sense.

It jumps off if not tight enough. There is teo holes to put the spring onto . Whens it done in the top one we take a link out of the chain

On my f2 in really hot weather the net would not work , had to take it out of tensioner and just let the role in , now things are cooler it’s working fine , maybe a small bit lazy

Is the plastic film on film a good job on bales with the fusion plus what are the advantages , is it worth the extra euro a bale. Can you get away with using less wrap in exchange?

ZTVmZGVkZjY5MjNhOGZlYTM2MTZjYjY3MjM5YTRjMjInLNVxs-IvyVglAPGzXrq_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjQzMTE0Njd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

A fixer upper perhaps :blink:
https://www.donedeal.ie/balers-for-sale/mchale-fusion-baler/21837085

Is the plastic film on film a good job on bales with the fusion plus what are the advantages , is it worth the extra euro a bale. Can you get away with using less wrap in exchange?
If you've been using 4 layers until now I believe you will still need to put 4 layers on the entire outside, but it'll be covered on the barrel of the bale as if it had 6 layers on.
So you get 6 layer protection and sealing for less money.

@c4l what about this one? Suitable for own use
gone now, old man mentioned wouldnt be too bad if we find one that was priced right. just use it without the wrapper. but then again, be dragging around that weight and not using the wrapper. bit of a conundrum they would be.

gone now, old man mentioned wouldnt be too bad if we find one that was priced right. just use it without the wrapper. but then again, be dragging around that weight and not using the wrapper. bit of a conundrum they would be.
why would you use it without the wrapper?

why would you use it without the wrapper?
be doing our own bales mainly. already have a wrapper and we wrap in the yard. we found the less handling after the wrap is put on, less likely for holes and such. also our roads and lanes are are far from the best when it comes to overhanging branches. rather not spend time trying to patch holes. our neighbours prefer wrapping in the yard as well so

be doing our own bales mainly. already have a wrapper and we wrap in the yard. we found the less handling after the wrap is put on, less likely for holes and such. also our roads and lanes are are far from the best when it comes to overhanging branches. rather not spend time trying to patch holes. our neighbours prefer wrapping in the yard as well so
Hardly any point buying a Combi so

Reactions: c4l
Hardly any point buying a Combi so
only benefit i see if it comes to that is having 2 bales together so be a bit quicker in drawing them back to the yard but then again could always design and make a bale accumulator or find one thats already on the market

I find a extra couple of layers of wrap helps the bales during transport can take a fair bit of abuse with 6 layers only cost a euro extra per bale, once u run a combi you'll never go back to running a separate wrapper again. Also u have an extra tractor to draw in. Anyway that's my thoughts.

I find a extra couple of layers of wrap helps the bales during transport can take a fair bit of abuse with 6 layers only cost a euro extra per bale, once u run a combi you'll never go back to running a separate wrapper again. Also u have an extra tractor to draw in. Anyway that's my thoughts.
We have 3 main tractors and the telehandler. Majority of the time we take the baler off the tm and put that on the trailer after the baling is done. Majority of the bales we make are from bits of some silage fields that we left as it would be either too wet for harvester and trailers to go through or they be steepish bits. Bits of fields on the river and such. Probably about 50-60 bales from doing that. A good chunk be from a neighbour of ours. Only a small farm with maybe 20 cattle and a good amount of silage land so we get some bales out of those fields as payments for mowing, baling and wrapping for him

only benefit i see if it comes to that is having 2 bales together so be a bit quicker in drawing them back to the yard but then again could always design and make a bale accumulator or find one thats already on the market
you wont unless you wait for 1 of the bales to wrap which then defeats the object of a combi

Back