gaa 2016

Mayo are spineless I'm sick of looking at them winning semi finals and loosing finals. Must be true bout that curse put on them yrs ago. Der finest hr was in 96 against meath but lost. Too many lads half fancying themselves then and now. You never saw tommy dowd of meath fixing his hair and socks only bulldozing on wit things and winning all ireland medals. Let's hope they win this yr

Ye deserved to win it in fairness. Kerry played very poor for most of the first half and were poor at the start of the second half too.
They persevered with the long kick outs for too long when Dublin were winning them all.

Ye deserved to win it in fairness. Kerry played very poor for most of the first half and were poor at the start of the second half too.
They persevered with the long kick outs for too long when Dublin were winning them all.
Never saw a kick of it. According to the radio it was a proper game of football

Didn't see it but listened to it, Kerry let them back in too easily at the start of the second half unfortunately.

The Dubs were lucky overall, they will be beaten some day yet!

Never saw a kick of it. According to the radio it was a proper game of football
a good game with some hard but fair hits except for the challenge at the end, i,d say the ref isn,t too popular with the bean counters in the gaa, another full house if he,d given that free but the dubs just about deserved it

It shows that Waterford are vying to be number two in the country too.
They are not that far off but no full back line would contain that tipp full forward line, probably the best I've seen in years 13,14&15. KK left their full back line very exposed-the sweeper system was needed

Not a bad days image.jpeg

Saw most of the match, some great hurtling played to be fair.

I thought bubbles soured it a little with his language at the end of the game and attitude towards kk. Particularly when there is a lot of young people looking to players as role models.

Sadly I missed it on the telly, was on my way home after a stag and just didnt get there, great to beat kilkenny so well, it's the first time in a long time I've had any confidence facing them, it's not that tipp played "that good" all year, but waterford really showed how beatable kilkenny were. 5 years ago the second best team in the land was kilkenny's bench, but they just dont have that neverending pool of fresh players sitting there waiting to come on at 20 minutes to go that they had in years gone by.

I thought bubbles soured it a little with his language at the end of the game and attitude towards kk. Particularly when there is a lot of young people looking to players as role models.

To a degree I agree, but RTE has to take a degree of responsibility for that too. Asking bubbles (who lets be honest is a bit of a rough diamond) for comment moments after winning the biggest game of his life was always likely to get an emotional response. No different to Michael Conlon's commments in rio. If you ask a young lad who's fully riled up for a fight for comment directlty afterwards when he's pumped full of adrenalin then you've to accept you could get unpredictable results.

Thanks for that, looking back we were lucky to be there at all, Galway nearly had the better of us.

I tipped galway to win the all Ireland this year, if joe canning had not went off injured it might have been a different result that day.
Agreed on the language after the game, I know emotions were , I thought it was unprofessional.
Brian Cody showed great character, I know there are many on here who are anti Kilkenny and I understand that, it's not good to have the same team winning all the time, that's said they are a serious outfit and they have lifted the quality of the game.

On top of that, two things stand out for me about Kilkenny, here in Westmeath hurling is very popular, while we might not be known for it (we had a player in the 30's/40's john "jobber" McGrath played hurling for a club beside here, long since gone it was only a townland, didn't even have a school, he played with Westmeath against Kilkenny and lost by a point, Kilkenny offered him a job with a major brewery to move and play for them, he declined.
Limerick hurler Mick Mackey was to have said the jobber was the greatest hurler he ever seen.)

A local team here were to play a club hurling game away against ballyhale shamrocks, not many big games are played in mullingar, they agreed to a change of venue. They won, but we won too, we had a great night out after.
Many of ye will remember Henry shefflin being sent off by Barry Kelly, (I think he made the wrong call) what many don't know about that day, is that barrys wife and mother of young twins was very ill with cancer.
She passed away, Brian Cody and many of the Kilkenny panel came up to the funeral.
I respect them for that, as do many people up here. They are good role models for young people.

Will mayo do it tomorrow lads saving themselves all year ,surely in the law of averages they'' will win just once''

Mayo will hardly be as unlucky again.
4? points from play, Dublin thought that they only had to be on the field to win.

Mayo were the better team, I think facing into a replay with question marks over Dublin's attitude and desire was the last thing anyone expected.

I would say both teams will be happy to have another chance ,but mayo would have been sick to loose by 1 point there at the end.Mayo will need aiden o shae to proform if they are to get over the line the next day .Mighty match to watch and fair dues to cillain o connor we have another blockbuster to look forward to

mayo was definitely the better team .hope they can win the replay.looking for tickets if anyone has any to spare

Back