Gaining mechanic qualification

bk1991

What are the ways in ireland of becomeing a qualified agri mechanic ? I’m 28 in full time job as a medic but I’m looking for a career change. What are the ways i can take to gain qualification ? Not looking for advice to stay in my job etc etc just looking for advice on how i can go about this ? Most profesions theres a way of getting qualified no mather of age .

I'd go apprenticeship route.
The collage route seems likes a waste of 4 years to me as you turn around knowing all the workings of cvt boxes and canbus electronics but no idea how to fix them

What are the ways in ireland of becomeing a qualified agri mechanic ? I’m 28 in full time job as a medic but I’m looking for a career change. What are the ways i can take to gain qualification ? Not looking for advice to stay in my job etc etc just looking for advice on how i can go about this ? Most profesions theres a way of getting qualified no mather of age .

Fairly sure there's no age limit on a apprentship but it might be hard to go back to €192 a week and sweeping floors. Did you not mention before that you spent a year in a garage? There's a machinery and green cert course in palliskinnery that plenty here have done and I know when I was serving my time lads that finished that course went on to serve there time. They didn't have to sit phase 2 in Waterford, only phase 4 and 6 in tralee but still had to serve out the 4 years in the garage to gain the qualification. As far as I know that's the only way down here but I think it can be done differently up north

is it easier and less lip from the patients....
big change in direction

Just happened i got into this job but iv always had interest in mechanics would even try auto electriction I love been busy with my hands not one to be sitting about

Back