Tirlán (glanbia)

A Case no doubt :Thumbp2:

The price of nuts will drop now too, Zurich are now sponsoring the Wexford GAA teams.
no a cinturato of course :angry:
do we have to buy nuts from ZURICH as well :scratchhead:, the panther will sort them out fairly quick

Uptake will be high no doubt. Pay out will be different I think as lads won't meet targets. If they were only that bit better with the cost of things we would all be on the pigs back
I didn't go for it, but haven't bern in any for years now. I firmly believe pay us properly then theres no need for makey up schemes like this. I assume this will eliminate the trading bonus next year?

whats your opinions on the new schemes and charges on new milk at glanbia ? i think they,re fair and a step in the right direction especially the 0.4 cent that wil be paid on every litre supplied and the reduction in share numbers for new suppliers . have i caught some sort of virus i,m wondering to be praising glanbia :scratchhead:

whats your opinions on the new schemes and charges on new milk at glanbia ? i think they,re fair and a step in the right direction especially the 0.4 cent that wil be paid on every litre supplied and the reduction in share numbers for new suppliers . have i caught some sort of virus i,m wondering to be praising glanbia :scratchhead:
They do seem to have changed their tune recently, the new arrangements seem pretty balanced. They have a big list of new suppliers in the pipeline and probably want to keep them happy.

I'm wondering does the reduction in share numbers also apply to existing shareholders, I know there were a few on here in the past who rightly were quite bitter about this.

The trading scheme for 2020 is a joke. Seems they do one thing in the right direction and 3 in the wrong direction.

In the past the trading bonus was allowed to be included in the kPMG milk league price, 2020 onwards this is not allowed so the inky was of getting coop money into the milk price was give the .4 a cent a litre to everyone with no strings attached and this can be included in the milk league going forward. The new trading bonus of spend 5 cent to get .2 of a cent is a big spend for little reward really.
I don’t agree with reducing the shareholding down to €5000 from €10000, that shouldn’t have changed. They had to row back a little on the new milk as I think they were either losing or have lost new milk to other purchasers in certain areas so they had to move quick but they were a bit late.

In the past the trading bonus was allowed to be included in the kPMG milk league price, 2020 onwards this is not allowed so the inky was of getting coop money into the milk price was give the .4 a cent a litre to everyone with no strings attached and this can be included in the milk league going forward. The new trading bonus of spend 5 cent to get .2 of a cent is a big spend for little reward really.
I don’t agree with reducing the shareholding down to €5000 from €10000, that shouldn’t have changed. They had to row back a little on the new milk as I think they were either losing or have lost new milk to other purchasers in certain areas so they had to move quick but they were a bit late.
The 10k is the best investment you could make, bound to be another spin out. The coop dividends aren't bad either.

All fine and dandy if they were actually competitive with other merchants around here but they are not. Don't like the way this new fixed milk scheme will only be paid if you do business with them. I feel it will only get worse as time goes on.

The 10k is the best investment you could make, bound to be another spin out. The coop dividends aren't bad either.
No argument about spending the money to get the shares but why reduce the spend down to 5k and not 10 as the minimum? Don’t think there was a need

No argument about spending the money to get the shares but why reduce the spend down to 5k and not 10 as the minimum? Don’t think there was a need
Neither do I tbh. I don't think the pool of shares is increasing and the supply of shares being sold by older members or their estates might not be enough to transfer 2,000 each to the new members.

surely for a new entrant every 5k less they have to spend is a help, lots of new entrants had to forego the top ups because they couldn,t afford the 10k up front , remember none of them got into milk because they loved milking cows, they were struggling at the enterprises they were running

surely for a new entrant every 5k less they have to spend is a help, lots of new entrants had to forego the top ups because they couldn,t afford the 10k up front , remember none of them got into milk because they loved milking cows, they were struggling at the enterprises they were running
That should have been dropped down in 2015 so, lots of new entrants and dry shareholders also have spent the 10k over the last few years, why the need to drop it now?

they said at the info meeting that 60 new suppliers had signed up but they didn,t expect them to all start supplying this year and they expect to lose that many over the same period to retirement and health grounds etc

That should have been dropped down in 2015 so, lots of new entrants and dry shareholders also have spent the 10k over the last few years, why the need to drop it now?
agreed but better late than never and now those lads have a better chance to buy in, it also lets more suppliers run for positions on boards

agreed but better late than never and now those lads have a better chance to buy in, it also lets more suppliers run for positions on boards

As an outsider on this, my understanding for the change in the shareholding was the last point, but will it really make that big of a difference :scratchhead:

True but there are a few steps they have to go through before they can ever think of getting onto the board also

Back