Tirlán (glanbia)

I was in dispute with Glanbia over wrong price charged for a spreader load of Fertiliser . The difference between us was €80 and during the summer I went in and had a chat and he agreed to my request so I said I would pay when I got the correct paperwork . It never arrived so I phoned the 1800 number in accounts and she said she would Email the branch telling them to correct the mistake and she forwarded me the E Mail . In December I got a reduced Statement and in January I got a further deduction to the agreed amount + credit note for feed . If I had paid the agreed amount in the summer the €80 would not have disappeared . I paid the amount by card and got a zero statement the next day . I have a folder of credit notes for the two bulk lorry loads and the few spreader loads I got . They also have about five different accounts opened fore us with no explanation what that is about . I no of another customer and his account is out by €3000 and another that is out by €10000 and all of these are in Glanbias favour . The true valuation of the business must be in doubt .

The last year I supplied Glanbia with grain there was an artic load missing when I got the cheque. Only for the fact that we had tipped it in another man's yard with a weighbridge and reloaded it to go to the co-op it would never have been missed. After a couple of days of phone calls, and when the 2nd set of weighbridge dockets was brought into the equation, the missing load was miraculously discovered in a different branch.

The last year I supplied Glanbia with grain there was an artic load missing when I got the cheque. Only for the fact that we had tipped it in another man's yard with a weighbridge and reloaded it to go to the co-op it would never have been missed. After a couple of days of phone calls, and when the 2nd set of weighbridge dockets was brought into the equation, the missing load was miraculously discovered in a different branch.

They are great to buy dried Barley in Aprill and paid me good money a few times but got a run around the houses a few times to get the money . One time their computer could not recognise me as a customer to issue a cheque for a large amount of money . Another time the cheque was sent to a branch we never dealt with .

Anytime i priced meal in glanbia they were about 20 euros a ton dearer than other mills so giving back 7 a ton is not much use. P

Got fertilizer of them a couple of times and they were the best price but thats a while ago.

The service in the local store is a bit like faulty towers so i just dont bother anymore.
Glanbia wont sell me fertiliser as they would be elbowing others selling around me, but will sell grain:undecided:

the agri supply business is owned by the plc which wants to get it off their books as quick as possible so the co op is going to subsidise the fertiliser and feed thats bought from them, that will make the trading division seem profitable and low and behold the co op will be able to justify buying it from the plc, keith barry is their business manager you know:deyective:

the agri supply business is owned by the plc which wants to get it off their books as quick as possible so the co op is going to subsidise the fertiliser and feed thats bought from them, that will make the trading division seem profitable and low and behold the co op will be able to justify buying it from the plc, keith barry is their business manager you know:deyective:

Who gets to make that decision . Quinn is wiping their eye since he opened the Depot in Milford .

Who gets to make that decision . Quinn is wiping their eye since he opened the Depot in Milford .
the board members i suppose, when the shareholders voted in gowran last year this patronage scheme was the third vote on the card but the farmers were only interested in getting the shares and would have voted for child slavery to get their hands on them

I'm going to be contrary here. If the plc were that keen to get rid of it and I'm sure the co-op would have bought it, why didn't they do it at the time GIIL was set up?

I don't remember seeing any hair raising returns from the agri supply division either I must admit.

I'm going to be contrary here. If the plc were that keen to get rid of it and I'm sure the co-op would have bought it, why didn't they do it at the time GIIL was set up?

I don't remember seeing any hair raising returns from the agri supply division either I must admit.
i presume the co op boardmembers would have felt it was enough to be going on with trying to get the milk business through without awkward questions being asked as regards a poor performing agri division being hoisted on them, there was questions asked at the information meetings before hand but it was made quite clear the mills and agri trading were staying with the plc as was the glanbia brand so if at some stage the plc is sold gii will be looking for a new name, i buy all glanbia rations here but from a local merchant so what are my chances of getting 7 euro a ton from them:woot:

i see glanbia are spending 35 million in wexford expanding the creamery which is good news for the county, to be honest i thought they would close it after a few years and move everything to belview so i called it wrong, i hope brucey doesn,t see this :sad:

i see glanbia are spending 35 million in wexford expanding the creamery which is good news for the county, to be honest i thought they would close it after a few years and move everything to belview so i called it wrong, i hope brucey doesn,t see this :sad:
€250 million has been taken off farmers so I would imagine coming up with 35 would not be a problem . Tell them to spend 20 million on it and give 15 to the farmers .

Did anyone else get a phone call today looking to find out how many cows calved etc , seems belview is a bit on the small side already !

What about this new fixed price scheme folks?

Lots of strings attached it seems.
haven,t seen the conditions but 29 cent for 2 yrs and 9 months doesn,t appeal to me anyway, if we,re not going to go above 29 cent i might as well go broke first as last, at our discussion group meeting the last day our advisor said teagasc are working off a figure of 6 cent being enough for your labour:speechless:,so that means that i supply half a million litres i should be delighted with 30,000 euro:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

have to give glanbia credit for promising 20 cent per litre to any supplier that has to dump milk as a result of the snow, a nice gesture from a company i,m usually critical of

have to give glanbia credit for promising 20 cent per litre to any supplier that has to dump milk as a result of the snow, a nice gesture from a company i,m usually critical of
Only if their insurance doesn't cover it..

I was wondering how it was going to be judged. As many herds are in the middle of calving sure there could be 1000l of milk in the tank or 600l.:scratchhead:

Fierce generous of them!
Just shows that their contracts aren't worth a bean to the farmers, nearly the only obligation they have is to collect the milk, and when they can't manage that they'll generously give us half it's worth!

I reckon they are obliged to pay full whack unless the farmer hasnt the required storage. offer half price quick and that will keep the minions quite

Has any other dairy processor offered anything similar yet?

Uptake probably greatest in Glanbias area I'd say.

I was wondering how it was going to be judged. As many herds are in the middle of calving sure there could be 1000l of milk in the tank or 600l.:scratchhead:
If you stored it to feed calves would they consider it dumped??

Back