Good brand of tyres.

f140

What are peoples preferred tyre brands? Always used good year here before. Can they still be got new as they don't seem mad popular anymore. A set of tyres on a tractor will last me about 10 to 15 years. So its not how they wear which will worry me but that the side walls stay good and they don't crack/ perish too quick. Always found good year good in this respect. What other brands are good to last kleber, vredestein, firestone? Don't want cheap Chinese stuff that the dealers like to push and say it was made in the good year factory.

What are peoples preferred tyre brands? Always used good year here before. Can they still be got new as they don't seem mad popular anymore. A set of tyres on a tractor will last me about 10 to 15 years. So its not how they wear which will worry me but that the side walls stay good and they don't crack/ perish too quick. Always found good year good in this respect. What other brands are good to last kleber, vredestein, firestone? Don't want cheap Chinese stuff that the dealers like to push and say it was made in the good year factory.
What size?
What tractor?
What work?
What budget?

I had that on mine but i put a tube in and cut an old tube to wrap around it worked so far

done that before, with a different brand though that came on a tractor, fitted the same brand ourselves new and never an issue though

Tractor will only be doing field work. Tyres will more than likely perish out rather than wear out as tractor doesn't do savage work. I think the tyres are 18.4 r38. Not sure again off hand.

done that before, with a different brand though that came on a tractor, fitted the same brand ourselves new and never an issue though
There's a point. My tractor is over 10 yrs old by now. Continentals could be awesome by now!

Tractor will only be doing field work. Tyres will more than likely perish out rather than wear out as tractor doesn't do savage work. I think the tyres are 18.4 r38. Not sure again off hand.
With you not having big wear I wouldn't rule out Firestone, their sidewalls are good.
I would price BKT, Firestone and Kleber and buy on price.

What's the story with cash back?
You pay, lets say €2,500 for your 4 Kleber tyres and they send you a direct credit of say €100 per tyre so they cost you €2,100 in total. Figures are made up, you need to ask your tyre seller, but it is in the back of my mind that the cash back might be closed at the moment, they usually reopen it around the ploughing, but again you may check with your tyre seller.

On a side note the new Bridgestone tyres are giving great traction, We’ll know in a few years how well they wear, very comfortable on the road too, so far we’re impressed, have them on the car too.
Good to hear that the Bridgestone are going well, :Thumbp2:, what size are they? Wear should be fairly good as should the sidewalls. Keep us informed.

252870996_4470330749730728_5064271726173034712_n.jpg

Did you have much trouble getting hold of them? Seems near impossible to get some makes now by what you here and when you do its a re-mortgage job to pay for them!!
A little, thats why we had to get 2 different brands, i’m selling it above like its some sort of science experiment, but they were the only ‘mid range’ tyres we could get.

Back