gopro

I have similar but the kit version - its the dji 450 with the same naza controller as the phantom 2 - no gimbal unfortunately so that's the next purchase - I usually just take snap shots in the air but a gimbal would allow better video. I use a taranis radio and with some electronics on the model allows me to send back battery voltage and altitude to display on the radio which is useful. I'd love to try full fpv googles but have to say would be nervous - as it has had to retrieve it twice in neighbouring land and luckily radio has a signal strength indicator which helps narrow down the area to be searched. Interestingly both crashes were stupidity and haste on my part not waiting for full gps signal on take off and flying with low battery.

Yes 5.8ghz needs line of sight. Depending on level of detail needed you could just stay high. One problem though for flying fpv you really need gps with fail safe return to home so if you loose video you can get your drone home which you won't get with a 150 build. What are the details of your build. Pm if you want

Don't have exact details, pulled a few different builds from rcgroups and then priced them all, most of the builds featured on that site post up what their budget was anyway although most of it was american. I have been meaning to write up my own build and as soon as I get some spare time I'll be doing it. Ill probably go for a PVC frame to start with until I get used to flying it, then I'll move to something more expensive perhaps.

would they do for getting the numbers of cows out in the field when bulling or would it just drive them daft or would they get used to it

looking for a gopro for a farming activitym. something cheap, cheerful, easy work, good quality and second hand would do the finest. what model or make should I get?

Back