GPS section control - JD 2630 & RDS Delta 34i

G

guest 1

John Deere 2630 GPS system, RDS Delta 34i rate controller, manual switch box with 5 sections, Teejet on/off valves. Has anyone managed to get them all to talk to each other to enable GPS section control? So far we have 2 options, fit a 2nd GPS system to manage the sprayer or replace the RDS system with a JD unit. Officially the JD and RDS units won't talk to each other, surely that's just a wiring issue and a loom could be cobbled together to translate?

Is there a radar output on the jd gps? I'm not familiar with it but Trimble do. The delta must have some form of pulsed input e.g. a wheel sensor or maybe even a radar input. The radar output could be 'translated' if need be.

Is there a radar output on the jd gps? I'm not familiar with it but Trimble do. The delta must have some form of pulsed input e.g. a wheel sensor or maybe even a radar input. The radar output could be 'translated' if need be.
I was thinking about this driving around today, it's not even that complicated. The GPS doesn't need to talk to the rate controller at all, it just needs to switch on and off the sections. There is a section control function on the GPS, it should be just a case of intercepting the signal and wiring it into the section control switches. A combination of these switches and the existing wheel sensor reading from the sprayer will then provide the rate controller with all the information it needs. I'm no expert in electronics but I can't see how it could be overly complicated for someone who knew what they were doing.

Ah didnt realise you had wheel sensor if so yes you don't need the radar signal. Re section control you may be able to wire directly or may need s relay but your right it is simple except...

The rate controller may need to know how many sections are on/off. This is the case with Hardi but maybe not with tjet. The problem is the rate controller sees reduced flow so tries to increase flow . Any links to online manuals or wiring diagrams don't worry if not will ha e a search

Ah didnt realise you had wheel sensor if so yes you don't need the radar signal. Re section control you may be able to wire directly or may need s relay but your right it is simple except...

The rate controller may need to know how many sections are on/off. This is the case with Hardi but maybe not with tjet. The problem is the rate controller sees reduced flow so tries to increase flow . Any links to online manuals or wiring diagrams don't worry if not will ha e a search
The rate controller reads if the individual section switches are on or off and adjusts pressure accordingly. If the GPS controlled these switches then everything should work away as normal. In theory anyway :scratchhead:

Ok that's good but will probably need a relay I'll have a look tomorrow online see what I can find.

Ok that's good but will probably need a relay I'll have a look tomorrow online see what I can find.
Sound job. The section switches are basic enough so it shouldn't be hard to wire into if the signal was compatible
control boxes.png

20181210_154913.jpg

I get it now I wired something similar for the Hardi here and I kept the switches in case I needed manual override.

I just found the manual unfortunately that receiver doesn't provide section control on its own it must be connected to a compatible section controller over can bus. Unfortunately the delta 34 is not a section controller it just reads the sections to adjust rate. That's my quick reading of it.

I just found the manual unfortunately that receiver doesn't provide section control on its own it must be connected to a compatible section controller over can bus. Unfortunately the delta 34 is not a section controller it just reads the sections to adjust rate. That's my quick reading of it.
Next question, what is a basic compatible section controller that will do the job, or is it even possible without going to great lengths?

paying for might not be as easy, hardly as dear as the autotrac activation
Not quite. The problem is as I mentioned above, the activation won't do what I want without a JD rate controller, officially the system isn't compatible with anything else. At the minute it looks like it would be cheaper to fit a 2nd GPS system to operate the section control, which is barmy. The same story goes for the autotrac, officially the JD GPS won't work on an auto-steer ready Fendt for example, however a wiring loom is available to get them to talk to each other so I was trying to establish if there was anything similar for the section control.

Not quite. The problem is as I mentioned above, the activation won't do what I want without a JD rate controller, officially the system isn't compatible with anything else. At the minute it looks like it would be cheaper to fit a 2nd GPS system to operate the section control, which is barmy. The same story goes for the autotrac, officially the JD GPS won't work on an auto-steer ready Fendt for example, however a wiring loom is available to get them to talk to each other so I was trying to establish if there was anything similar for the section control.
I know if I want to put auto shutoff on the bredal spreader to work of the John Deere I need to Make the spreader iso bus . I pressume you were talking to Richard in Tfm ? He’s the Gps expert .

I know if I want to put auto shutoff on the bredal spreader to work of the John Deere I need to Make the spreader iso bus . I pressume you were talking to Richard in Tfm ? He’s the Gps expert .
I was

it looks like you need activation and a greenstar rate controller and then you could make a cable harness that would to relays that would drive the tjet box.

I was talking to a dealer about an Amazone ZAV spreader with GPS control lately and it seemed to the simplest way was to have an Isobus connection to use the greenstar GPS otherwise buy a seperate GPS with spreader.

@Tippcon do you have coverage maps switching linked to the sprayer controls?

I was talking to a dealer about an Amazone ZAV spreader with GPS control lately and it seemed to the simplest way was to have an Isobus connection to use the greenstar GPS otherwise buy a seperate GPS with spreader.

@Tippcon do you have coverage maps switching linked to the sprayer controls?
No, the GPS isn't linked to the sprayer controls at all. I switch on and off the coverage mapping manually when I want it.

No, the GPS isn't linked to the sprayer controls at all. I switch on and off the coverage mapping manually when I want it.
I'm looking to wire an implement switch to my 2630 for sower, fertiliser spreader, sprayer etc - don't always remember to switch it on and off manually when I should. I'm waiting on dealer to find out how but thats going on a while

Back