Grain prices

Don't depress me....:undecided:

are you the man down around your neck of the woods thats driving up the con acre price?

before xmas I was thinking we were close to the bottom price wise for energy grains. Now im thinking differently. I think we will see under $4 a bushel for corn in the US, which will drag on price downwards. what is the market in Ireland size wise for high quality wheat and barley. Even as a % terms of total output? 10 - 20%?

are you the man down around your neck of the woods thats driving up the con acre price?

before xmas I was thinking we were close to the bottom price wise for energy grains. Now im thinking differently. I think we will see under $4 a bushel for corn in the US, which will drag on price downwards. what is the market in Ireland size wise for high quality wheat and barley. Even as a % terms of total output? 10 - 20%?

It ain't me Ozzy, at least there's a bit to go before any crops are harvested and a lot can change as we have seen in the past.

It will be interesting to see what prices will do in the next few weeks with the bad weather in the states which is pushing down near Texas now ...

It will be interesting to see what prices will do in the next few weeks with the bad weather in the states which is pushing down near Texas now ...

Probably not much to worry about if there is snow cover on the wheat id say.

Snow is seen as a good thing in a lot of areas as it guarantees that there will be moisture in the soil for establishing spring crops

When cultivating over in the States we used to do it North South so furrow caught more snow and got the sun down the bottom of the furrow for the least time in the day.
Also no winter snow was a write-off for the winter wheat.

We had a couple of fields of winter barley on heavy ground a few years ago, got an awful wet winter and just had its feet wet and cold for too long, also lacking in manganese. It looked bloody awful and wasn't going to do.
Got manganese onto it and 10 days later still no better, next thing snow fell 8-10 inches deep for about a fortnight, when it lifted- what a difference, green as leeks and never looked back after that.

I just saw in the fj that they reckon fertilizer prices will be about the same as last year so much fit the suposed drop in price

I just saw in the fj that they reckon fertilizer prices will be about the same as last year so much fit the suposed drop in price

Same as everything they're happy enough to put the prices up, but when it swings the other way and the price to them comes down they don't pass it on!! :thumbdown:

Was talking to an importer yesterday and the price of Can is rising. Any new stock bought this week by importers is going to cost trade over E300 so expect to pay more then this.

Got some prices today, these are NOT delivered price's as I like to give my mate any haulage I have.
Yara, I've to lift in belfast.

C.A.N £225
24n + 15so3 £230 ish, not available yet.
0-20-30. £305
M.O.P £275

Heard this cold snap in the states might do some damage to the crops and knock them back a lot. I heard that prices later on this year for grain shouldn't be as bad as it might look?. Probably 3rd hand information so how good or bad it is is anyone's guess.

Heard this cold snap in the states might do some damage to the crops and knock them back a lot. I heard that prices later on this year for grain shouldn't be as bad as it might look?. Probably 3rd hand information so how good or bad it is is anyone's guess.

Long time between now and harvest.

As I always say here, it is what comes out of the tank of the combine that counts.

and the EU markets took a bit of a hammering this week aswell. USDA report today is bullish for corn, last years yield has being pulled back, less in stock and very high usage for first quarter. No good news for wheat tough as corn is stealing it market share. That enough info to give all cereals a lift?

If grain keeps falling is it even worth sowing land with no Sfp on it.done some rough numbers on SB this morning was offered 30 ac.at 3 ton and 100/ac for the land I'd stand to lose €37/ac for grain at €140/ton I think il leave it in the shed and admire my fendt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If grain keeps falling is it even worth sowing land with no Sfp on it.done some rough numbers on SB this morning was offered 30 ac.at 3 ton and 100/ac for the land I'd stand to lose €37/ac for grain at €140/ton I think il leave it in the shed and admire my fendt.

no point being a busy fool, pity more dont think like yourself.

And your 3t is optimistic too....

Back