Grain prices

A very weak Dollar and strengthening £ & € doesn't bode well for milk, meat and grain prices.
But should keep a lid on rising fert and fuel prices.

Is there some really cold weather on the way? I note a lot of forecasters on Twitter mentioning it in the past few days...

If it gets really severe in Eastern Europe, it will be interesting to see what it does to winter sown cereals....

The forecast I use the most is already showing -5degC for here by the coast next Monday night...! That’s really cold for here.

37317417-57EC-40B7-998E-959C76DB5F25.png

Is there some really cold weather on the way? I note a lot of forecasters on Twitter mentioning it in the past few days...

If it gets really severe in Eastern Europe, it will be interesting to see what it does to winter sown cereals....

The forecast I use the most is already showing -5degC for here by the coast next Monday night...! That’s really cold for here.

View attachment 51624

A cosy beach on Iceland looks good. Does Ryanair go there?

A cosy beach on Iceland looks good. Does Ryanair go there?
I think that’s the centre of the high pressure system. It would be dead calm and bright but it might not be very cosy!
The HP systems rotate clockwise and the LP systems rotate counterclockwise, they mesh together and rotate off each other like cogs. Knowing these directions lets you know the wind direction by looking at a chart.

I “think” they rotate in the opposite direction in the Southern Hemisphere.

I think that’s the centre of the high pressure system. It would be dead calm and bright but it might not be very cosy!
The HP systems rotate clockwise and the LP systems rotate counterclockwise, they mesh together and rotate off each other like cogs. Knowing these directions lets you know the wind direction by looking at a chart.

I “think” they rotate in the opposite direction in the Southern Hemisphere.

Whoops! I was thinking temperature rather than pressure.

Never seen it any other way here. Twiddle your thumbs for a third of the year and work every hour in the day for the other 2 thirds. May go a buy some team hardship stickers for the tractor

:fight:http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/details-of-glanbia-transport-allowance-announced/
Are this crowd for real. So now a crap price includes 3euro transport allowance. Got a text a few days ago offering 138. So minus 3 in reality it's 135 while the small merchants seem to be on 150 plus. Suppose you could buy all imputs from them without inquiring the cost and get what is it? 8 euro of a topup after they fleeced you. O yea then pass by the local depot and drive half way across the country if you hadn't a shed to tip and get a lorry :fight::scratchhead:

Last edited:
:fight:http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/details-of-glanbia-transport-allowance-announced/
Are this crowd for real. So now a crap price includes 3euro transport allowance. Got a text a few days ago offering 138. So minus 3 in reality it's 135 while the small merchants seem to be on 150 plus. Suppose you could buy all imputs from them without inquiring the cost and get what is it? 8 euro of a topup after they fleeced you. O yea then pass by the local depot and drive half way across the country if you hadn't a shed to tip and get a lorry :fight::scratchhead:

I think @Blackwater boy did some analysis before and said that level of bonus was nearly impossible to get.

The 3 euro is paltry enough when you consider the hiring of a lorry plus reloading costs. It's gas when you think a few years back tipping in a shed and reloading was a big no no.

I don't deal with them anymore after they stopped taking in Barley in Ballytore, had to travel 25km to Athy instead of 2km to Ballytore!, I did it one year and that was it, you couldn't be leaving combine man waiting, not suitable for lorries here either, I see now you can't even take Barley to Athy anymore, glad I got away from them when I did.

I think @Blackwater boy did some analysis before and said that level of bonus was nearly impossible to get.

The 3 euro is paltry enough when you consider the hiring of a lorry plus reloading costs. It's gas when you think a few years back tipping in a shed and reloading was a big no no.
Its not even the 3 euro its the way they include it in their headline price to make it look respectable. The same as next November when they announce prices it Will be including the purchasing bonus and the transport allowance all lumped in together.

Its not even the 3 euro its the way they include it in their headline price to make it look respectable. The same as next November when they announce prices it Will be including the purchasing bonus and the transport allowance all lumped in together.

And the banner price will include the topup from the co-op....

Back