Grain prices

Rolled oats generally makes the same money as rolled barley around here. €210/t ex yard at the minute. I was going to go for oats in more acidic rented land this year, I've seen it drastically out-perform barley in similar conditions, but I'm afraid suitable planting conditions are going to come too late the way things are shaping up.

I just keep and eye on it for my own use. real know jack sh$te. If your an end user or grower you can't really make a massive feck up using futures if you know your own costs. Too early yet to be worrying about planting.

what price is offered for Nov 14 feed wheat in Ireland - €195??

Glanbia last week Dried wheat €190/t, dried barley €175/t for Nov 14

I seem to have forgotten very quickly about all the expensive maize I used in early 13 :whistle:. on the Oats side of things have any being exported and what are the stocks like in store?

From what the grapevine says, the opposite is the case with oats being imported.

Unless you have a specific contract I.e. Flahvans, oats are being seriously discouraged this year.

That looks serious in California. Could have a big effect on fruit and veg prices...

Reality is hitting home? and we have lift off!
This really is going to be a volatile year on grain price

Reality is hitting home? and we have lift off!
This really is going to be a volatile year on grain price

Do you see it as being mainly positive in terms of getting a high grain price, or is there just as much chance that we will see prices fall further?

The Ukraine effect, yes, the drought in the mid west, parts of China, Australia and parts of South America effect, yes, the tiny end of year stocks effect, yes, the massive rise in usage effect, yes, the El Nino effect, yes. I could go on but then I'm the eternal Bull.

Do I see a downside to the market? No, but again I never see the downside I always only see the upward pressure, so you're better asking Ozzy or others to balance my unbalanced views.

Before it is even open CBOT wheat is up basically it's limit and I would expect trading to be suspended for the day very early in the morning, Maize and Soya also up a large amount but not as much.
European markets also up, London wheat up £5/6 and Paris wheat up €6.50/8.50 and Paris Maize and OSR up €5.

I taught there was going to be another dip before prices start rising, and so held off on buying anything. traders will use any excuse to run up and down the market, a stagnant market makes them little money. I would expect most users to have good cover taken for the foreseeable future

Got a text from Glanbia this morning offering €151 for green wheat and €141 for green barley. :lol:
Must be good to be in the robbery business.

Wheat prices

Got same text from Glanbia this morning, looking back to this time last year a text from Glanbia was green wheat 164 and green barley 159.

Got a text from Glanbia this morning offering €151 for green wheat and €141 for green barley. :lol:
Must be good to be in the robbery business.

Am I right in saying that is €170 of a dried price incl the Vat? If glanbia are that good on the buying side of things I may give them a ring. Wonder would they take €180 :whistle:. Barstools probably wouldnt sell it for €200

The dried price for barley, if €141 @ 20%, should be €170 before VAT, but they want extra for drying lately so more than likely be €173/5.
The VAT doesn't count, they never have to pay it, if a seller is being paid VAT the government pays it. They have started to use the VAT as an extra bonus profit and try to tell buyers that they need to add it in to their costs, not just Glanbia I have heard at that 1.
The low €180's should be well doable for whole dry barley for September, if they can find fools to sell to them at that.

Yep I think your right about the 5% now, it was 5.2 then 4.8 now 5. I taught there was no vat on dry grain like soya and maize etc, I taught it was just green grain or am I imagining things. Markets looked a little more stable today. Anyone get a forward price for green osr for harvest 2014? Just curious is all.

Got a text from Glanbia yesterday on forward prices for November, dried wheat @ €195 and dried barley @ €183, surely that would put green wheat north of €160 for November at least? Is anyone selling grain out of store at the minute, and if so what is it making?

Got 160 for wheat and 147 for barley here this morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

prices seem to be creeping up alright.

OSR August price has just this minute hit €380/tn on the Paris market. Long time since it was there.

Apparently, the fund markets have moved from equities into grains as there is more volatility and therefore money making opportunity there.....:sweatdrop:

Back