Grain prices

Maize is not €172. More like €190 ex port now and for the autumn
I stand corrected, hadnt looked at mattif Maize in a while but is trading at 182 for winter 18 now. still chicago Corn is $3.70 a bushel for the same period so I wouldnt be getting over worried if I was buying

Is there a need to treat it when feeding only 5kgs? Maize is very safe to feed at high levels. That maxammon is a savage price for what it actually is.
I have had much better results using maxammon treated grains as a protein source vs feed grade urea, if you Value the protein lift it is not dear at all and I have found it easier to build up cattle onto finishing diets using it. I normally wouldn’t feed over 3kgs maize.

I hope your right. Feed prices are going to sky rocket, between cereals, pulps and general scarcity..

Will have virtually no home grown protein source this year either given the brutal condition of beans.

Should also add the recent increase in prices due to mineral scarcity.

Will have virtually no home grown protein source this year either given the brutal condition of beans.

Should also add the recent increase in prices due to mineral scarcity.
Does anyone here have beans this year, there’s a field up the road from me and it’s really not looking in the best of shape and it was set relatively early considering the wet spring.

If feed barley prices in Ireland increase to the levels spoken of here (and I'd have no reason to say they won't), it will leave malting barley as the poor relation again especially with the main purchaser's pricing scale.:scratchhead:

If feed barley prices in Ireland increase to the levels spoken of here (and I'd have no reason to say they won't), it will leave malting barley as the poor relation again especially with the main purchaser's pricing scale.:scratchhead:
I suppose it depends on the matif price in mid September or whatever day they have picked. As far as I am aware wheat across Europe is increasing. The question is tho as to what % will actually make malting, there could be plenty feed barley about yet, long way to go.

I suppose it depends on the matif price in mid September or whatever day they have picked. As far as I am aware wheat across Europe is increasing. The question is tho as to what % will actually make malting, there could be plenty feed barley about yet, long way to go.
Little bits being cut and hearing proteins are up around 12 , but only test samples so not very accurate

Given through year and if I was a betting man I'd wager the various limits will be increased....

It's not like it didn't happen before!

Some outfits that quoted prices for barley last week wouldn't give a quote yesterday because they hadn't or couldn't get barley. One crowd said they couldn't even get barley in France and it was only a few weeks ago they had brought a boat load into Belview.

I generally ignore all things malt information because of beta blockers and warfarin being in short supply round schtiglitz towers these days. But can anyone explain the boortmalt pricing structure for me in a way that means i don't have to suppress my swearing tic? Be gentle.

From what I think and I could be wrong. If matif is 180 or lower we get matif plus €10. So example
170 matif = 180 /ton paid
180 matif = 190/ton paid

If matif goes over 180 a ton we get paid matif price. So example.

190 matif = 190/ton paid
216 matif = 216/ton paid

From what I think and I could be wrong. If matif is 180 or lower we get matif plus €10. So example
170 matif = 180 /ton paid
180 matif = 190/ton paid

If matif goes over 180 a ton we get paid matif price. So example.

190 matif = 190/ton paid
216 matif = 216/ton paid
Thanks Daniel. And what is feed barley at today? This seems to be a little broken to me. At the risk of sounding smart. Which I'm definitely not. Am I missing something?

Thanks Daniel. And what is feed barley at today? This seems to be a little broken to me. At the risk of sounding smart. Which I'm definitely not. Am I missing something?

There's no connection with Irish feeding barley price and I don't think there was one with the previous version either.

(Presume that's what you are getting at).

There's no connection with Irish feeding barley price and I don't think there was one with the previous version either.

(Presume that's what you are getting at).
Hmmmm. What I was really getting at.....is....is there a possibilty that feed may make more than malt? Just a thought.

Hmmmm. What I was really getting at.....is....is there a possibilty that feed may make more than malt? Just a thought.

Quite possible, certainly the differential could be quite small for what is a premium product.

The MATIF is down over 2.50 today alone.

Unless there is a super dooper price for malt or distilling or roasting or whatever else spring barley is used for into these premium markets this year or else a massive forward price for next year then why would you bother your arse growing spring barley at all really, winter barley will absolutely wipe the floor of spring barley this year in terms of profit both straw and grain and has done so bar last year with a good few years.

Back