Grain prices

Grain prices are slipping back a good bit, anyone who set their price 2 or 3 weeks ago did great business.
The Malt price from Boormalt is looking like it could be well under what was available for feed barley during the harvest.
wasnt I lucky im paying harvest price for grain :scratchhead:, FFS when the product leaves the yard is the day to sell it. Not much point trying to sell eaten bread.

I could not understand why grain farmers werent doing business when the price was close to the magic number. FFS take profit last spring lads would take your hand off for the price of 3 weeks ago and they still didnt do business. I have sweated a bit, on taking a reckless position (having no winter cover) of not buying over the last month

I dont think the fundamentals of what happened over the last 6 weeks were ever there, for the price grain went too. Maybe we are just seeing a temporary lul. Anyone who sold grain and bought fertiliser done smart business in the last month

I never sell grain while harvesting because I would be too tired and too much going on to be aware of all the pros and cons of the deal . I had nothing sold forward except for a few tonnes of beans but it was a good price on the day and a small tonnage and it is no harm to commit to a merchant when he makes a good offer. I have dried Lumos and a bit of extremely high quality Doubleshot. What the proteins are is always achademic to me because the man that insults it often pays the higher price. Some merchants take this in the hope of milling but I have often loaded this for delivery to fish farms . I also have a shed of feed wheat and a few tonne of undried Barley.
Should I just sell a few tonne every month or what strategy should I use to stop the nasty men that keep coming to the back door looking for money and stop them cutting the mooring lines of the yacht . The name of the yacht is Tams 2 . The invoice is the same as a sprayer 30 M , GPS Auto steer climate controlled cabin .

Looking at forward 19 is probably a good idea in my view. I have an awful niggling feeling we're goiing to get the hangover from hell in these current high prices. As in high nitro prices and low grain prices. Usage and demand is strong on maize is good news though.
Last week had green sept wheat at close to 180. May be an odd bounce in this yet. Worth keeping an eye on.

Dairygold on account pre payments announced as well tonight for those customers of theirs on here.
I saw that on the journal twittter, looking for headlines is all that shite is. I can’t see why anyone would want to announce on account payments, the 2 merchants we sold grain to paid out on account after 2 weeks of delivery. I got paid for winter barley back in July. Dairygold are paying on account with well over a month.

I saw that on the journal twittter, looking for headlines is all that shite is. I can’t see why anyone would want to announce on account payments, the 2 merchants we sold grain to paid out on account after 2 weeks of delivery. I got paid for winter barley back in July. Dairygold are paying on account with well over a month.

I was thinking the same thing, what price are they announcing? I think they’ve been paying €160 on account with ages?

Still waiting here on any payment, going on last year expecting it this week.

Back