Grammair air seat

AYF

Seat in the my JD 6620 is rattling like heck, and the front to back osculation isn't working, has anyone else delved into such a seat??? Minefield or straight forward?

Another thing seems to be that you sit on it, it doesn't move down until you pull yourself forward. Almost as if there's some kind of shelf worn into something somewhere!! :confused:

When I saw that Apples had replied I somehow knew....... This will be a piss take!! :D:lol:

Don't know what you mean.
dunno.gif

:D

Sounds like the rollers and possibly the track too are worn.

Not a major job but one of those things that you cant start and leave for another day :sweatdrop:

Sounds like the rollers and possibly the track too are worn.

Not a major job but one of those things that you cant start and leave for another day :sweatdrop:

Choice of another two deeres and fairly quiet this time of the year so...

Have been topping 150 acres of old fields for a local fella, rough fields has highlighted the problems!!

Noticed two ball bearings on one track, but not convinced their meant to be there, as I can't see any the other side!!

its nearly as hard to get the correct parts for your seat as it is to put them in.
ive done a few of them here, its not too bad a job, but id put a refurb in the 90% right bracket.
last seat i rebuilt has a little bump in it as it goes up and down.
its like there was a small track cut into the rail and the bearing runs over it, but i cant see where its cumin from, altho i didnt take it out again to give it a full coat of looking on yet.
mind you, its a whole lot better than it was.
take the number off the base at the back and ring these lads
make sure your leaning or sitting on something first tho....

Remember reading a thread on this before and it wasn't much more expensive to buy a new replacement seat.

You lads are scarring me now!

To be fair, when the sprung seat int he 6610 went, due to the hooks holding the springs on wearing through, I got a new set of hooks for £20, was cheaper than expected, considering they have you over a barrel with those kinds of parts!

Just in case, anyone found a seat to match the comfort of grammer?

To be fair, when the sprung seat int he 6610 went, due to the hooks holding the springs on wearing through, I got a new set of hooks for £20, was cheaper than expected, considering they have you over a barrel with those kinds of parts!

less than 200 odd should buy the refurb kit, but the scissors can be up on 3,4,500 at times.
you may not need all the parts in the kit either, some can be bought separately and others can only be got in a kit.
to be fair to them, the parts are available, so at least there is an option.

best thing is to do is, and sounds like you could do without her for a few days, is to contact grammer and give them the number of your seat, they can send you the parts list, whip it out and strip it, order what you need then.
but price the most of it first if you can and make your mind up after that.
do price a new base so as you know where you stand too.

let us know how your going then and we will see sure.

sears seats

Doesn't exist,Grammer are head and shoulders above the rest

I rebuilt the seat on the TW 15 and I should have done a bit more work on the scissors but I put in bearings where there was plastic rollers before . They are a complicated enough set up particularly the front and back oscillation spring that holds in the tit that stops it rocking .
Do not underestimate the weight of the seat getting it out the back window or the time involved in doing it .

I rebuilt the seat on the TW 15 and I should have done a bit more work on the scissors but I put in bearings where there was plastic rollers before . They are a complicated enough set up particularly the front and back oscillation spring that holds in the tit that stops it rocking .
Do not underestimate the weight of the seat getting it out the back window or the time involved in doing it .
id agree, there would be all that in it too.

I've seen sears seats praised on forums before, but, could find very little info about them online..... Does anyone in Ireland stock them?

I've seen sears seats praised on forums before, but, could find very little info about them online..... Does anyone in Ireland stock them?
i can get sears seats, but the likes of an air 3000 series with a back rest is round 1k on your doorstep.
not too many jumping at that price.

i can get sears seats, but the likes of an air 3000 series with a back rest is round 1k on your doorstep.
not too many jumping at that price.

Perhaps not.....but, on the other hand, it's only a few hundred more than any other make of air seat. If it offered superior comfort and support, then I for one would seriously consider it. You only get one back, afterall...

I suppose the question is, are they superior to other seats? :undecided:

I see JD use them for the higher up seats too.

Have decided by now that the seat can probably be until next year, no time at the mo, anything that should be a easy job inevitably ends up a whole day round here!

And as sods law would have it, the day after I praise Grammer for the availability of the hooks for the sprung seat, one of them gives up with a thud!!! But as the 6610 is on light duties, she can also be for now!!

New Holland dealers have replacement seats for TM's made by sears, €600ish+vat, don't see why they couldn't be fitted to other makes.

A new grammer spring seat is 430 euro including vat off my local Newholland dealer and the sears airseat is 630 euro including vat off him. Some prices for you to work off. Vat is 23%.

A new grammer spring seat is 430 euro including vat off my local Newholland dealer and the sears airseat is 630 euro including vat off him. Some prices for you to work off. Vat is 23%.
thats a 900 series id imagine, unless he is selling 3000's at a loss.:whistle:
no point in buying the bottom of the range in an air seat if you are buying one, it wont be a whole pile better than any of the rest of them.

imo, if you want to take care of your back, then you need to be spending north of €2,500 for a sears seat for all the bells and whistles.

Back