Grammair air seat

I'll resurrect this thread as i have a relevant question about air seats. How long before the seat should go flat? only on my JXU it's losing its air within 24 hours now, and i'm sure it never used to need pumping up very often.

about a month if find when baling but when not used often it seems to weekly, that is the seat in my mf6180,

I'll resurrect this thread as i have a relevant question about air seats. How long before the seat should go flat? only on my JXU it's losing its air within 24 hours now, and i'm sure it never used to need pumping up very often.

There is definitely something wrong there.

there is something leaking at that rate.

beware, there be dragons.

Does anyone know if there is someone who reconditions air seats? have a grammer here on a tractor with 9000hrs on it and its getting loose and worn, is it a home fix job, get it reconditioned or buy a new seat? what would a new seat cost? its in a jd 6620.

Does anyone know if there is someone who reconditions air seats? have a grammer here on a tractor with 9000hrs on it and its getting loose and worn, is it a home fix job, get it reconditioned or buy a new seat? what would a new seat cost? its in a jd 6620.
There is a reconditioning kit can be got, mine broke the bracket that holds the side movement strut & the kit was the only way it could be bought....tho I :weld: it & braced it.

I think it was Gearys that had genuine JD seats on Done Deal a few months back at a good price.
Id say by the time you would have a seat fully reconditioned you might well be better off buying new and flogging your old one on DD

Mcarthy parts in cork have grammar base repair kits think they are 100 euro , time and patience are required !!!! If the rails are to bad it's as well go buy a new one they do seats as well

Mcarthy parts in cork have grammar base repair kits think they are 100 euro , time and patience are required !!!! If the rails are to bad it's as well go buy a new one they do seats as well

McCarthy's are good on Grammar parts, got an armrest for the Deutz from them a couple of months ago. €150 plus VAT from Deutz dealer, €155 plus VAT from Same dealer, €50 plus VAT from McCarthy.

ive reconditioned a few here.
times it works out into a good job, other times its just a patch really.
the scissors are the most important, if they are wore out then most will look to replace them, and iirc just the scissors alone are mental money.
ive bored out a few and re pined and bushed them, its a good job but time consuming.
if you slide the seat forward and take a picture of the silver sticker on the base, when you ring someone they will ask you for the serial number on it, it will single it out from the myriad of seats out there.
times you can get a kit to repair them, and times you have to buy single items, a lot of the time there is a lot more in the kit than you will need too.

personally, if it was a tractor i was living in, then id be tempted to spend big money on a new, all singing and dancing seat, be up on 3k id imagine if not a bit more.
but, the comfort level would be way up there, a more healthy seat could you say.
and when you go to trade replace it with the original and your selling a tractor with a nice mint seat.
something like the D5090 here,
http://www.searsseating.net/uk/products/pagri_5000.htm

had to get my seat reconditioned after 3000hrs! the scissors unit was worn out, dealer said the parts would cost 650+ vat over counter :speechless: there standing over it because it shouldnt be that bad after them hours! as he said if i was a big fat hoor he'd blame that but its not the case!

had to get my seat reconditioned after 3000hrs! the scissors unit was worn out, dealer said the parts would cost 650+ vat over counter :speechless: there standing over it because it shouldnt be that bad after them hours! as he said if i was a big fat hoor he'd blame that but its not the case!
mine wore out at 4k hours, so you were lucky enough.
i drilled out mine and re bushed it with a 10.9 bolt and a bit of lathe work.
turned out a good job.

Once heard of a dozer driver that used to get a seat change every month. They had 3 or 4 and refurbished them if they could. The boss of the firm said it would have been cheaper to replace the driver but couldn't find anyone even half as good so stuck with him

Not an air seat question but a mechanical seat question.

The seat in the 4630 is very bouncy so I took it out this morning & removed the damper, it opens & closes by hand so it wasn't doing anything ! It's 25 years old though. The roller bearings look ok & roll smoothly in the tracks, the weight adjustment seems to work ok so I guess just replacing the damper will have it working properly again.

It's a KAB / XH2 Fieldmaster U4 seat, the damper part number is 59110 39 93P 220mm max 145mm min with a 10mm hole

Anyone recommend me some suppliers with good prices ?

For anyone interested I ordered the damper from TEK Seating in the UK https://www.tekseating.co.uk/ They do KAB, Grammer & Sears along with other makes. Their price was a lot cheaper than the other quotes I got & they were very helpful & quick to respond to my emails.

I have a second hand horizontal damper for one here . I thought it was shot as it moves an inch before the damper kicks in but the new one was the same.

For anyone interested I ordered the damper from TEK Seating in the UK https://www.tekseating.co.uk/ They do KAB, Grammer & Sears along with other makes. Their price was a lot cheaper than the other quotes I got & they were very helpful & quick to respond to my emails.

I bought a spring for our grammer seat from them. They were 1/3 the price of the grammer seat suppliers in limerick or from the nh dealer.

Back