Greenhouse Gas Emissions

Is it any coincidence that the first man to stand up for farming the minute he got into office had this thing that happened years ago pulled out of the bag

Is it any coincidence that the first man to stand up for farming the minute he got into office had this thing that happened years ago pulled out of the bag

At least he had not his arms around an advocate for sex with minors .
The government lacks statesmen or women and it certainly lacks people with vision. The Taoiseach had better pull all these people into line fairly quickly.

Whatever about Cowen, but how in the name of christ is someone that failed to get elected to the Dail now a junior minister for Agriculture? Must be a first. Does she have any real authority? If so then our democratic process is a sham.

Whatever about Cowen, but how in the name of christ is someone that failed to get elected to the Dail now a junior minister for Agriculture? Must be a first. Does she have any real authority? If so then our democratic process is a sham.
Afaik the taioseach can appoint anyone he wants to be a minister, even if they never stood for election

Afaik the taioseach can appoint anyone he wants to be a minister, even if they never stood for election

In that case why do they nominate so many bloody politicians :)

I always assumed it was because they only had the oireachtas to choose from.

A few more skeletons in the closet, speeding, provisional licence, questionable points on licence, tbh there's far worse out there getting away to this day as was showed up by C19 checkpoints.

I've no problem with that but the same eegit says there should be a ban on live export of cattle, yet he imports day old turkey chicks from Essex. Its all grand when it suits him.
Imo we need to go back to some mixed farming and why in the he'll are we producing 10x more beef and milk than we consume?? Least the Irish market can return profit on it whereas we are seemingly focused on lucrative foreign markets that bord bia have pioneered, like the lavish Singapore, Phillipines and another shithole I can't remember.
The hard truth is, and I think we need to accept it, that you neighbour down the road is crying about a bad price but if he though he could rent your land and put twice as much cattle on it then he would. Had an argument this morning with a man about the Strathroy Lidl situation hes of the opinion that Aurivo should have cut the liquid bonus and lower the price to keep their Lidl contract, but what does he think Strathroy will do sit there and twiddle their thumbs?? Of course they will lower it further again. His reckoning was they needed to keep market share above all else and that's the attitude we've got to deal with.

Interesting....

"Buying out factory farms by government to comply with the habitats directive" is the most interesting point in it,thank God Ireland doesn't have many of them anyway.i presume we are at much lower emissions than the Dutch to begin with.

"Buying out factory farms by government to comply with the habitats directive" is the most interesting point in it,thank God Ireland doesn't have many of them anyway.i presume we are at much lower emissions than the Dutch to begin with.
But you have to question are they even emissions? Methane is a result of a small proportion of carbon in the cows digestive system being converted, but that degrades back to carbon dioxide over time, no new carbon is released to the air because it required carbon to be taken from the air to make the feed of which she converts a small proportion to methane.
When x=x ultimately how can that be an emission.

But you have to question are they even emissions? Methane is a result of a small proportion of carbon in the cows digestive system being converted, but that degrades back to carbon dioxide over time, no new carbon is released to the air because it required carbon to be taken from the air to make the feed of which she converts a small proportion to methane.
When x=x ultimately how can that be an emission.
Exactly. The majority of "new" carbon in the atmosphere is coming from fossil fuels. Melting ice sheets is releasing some as well but that is due to warming from the effect of burning fossil fuels.
Global warming is natural but we are speeding up the process.

Back