hammer mills

Ozzy Scott

Anyone know much about hammer mills? looking at a Caravaggi hammer mill today which had a serious output for such a small machine compared to a crimper roller mill I use here

The UK importer is Jack Caley on BFF.

I'd be slow to mill rather than roll for cattle myself, especially if feeding a lot of grain.

The UK importer is Jack Caley on BFF.

I'd be slow to mill rather than roll for cattle myself, especially if feeding a lot of grain.

seems that is a bit of a wives tale, maybe if using allot of milled wheat in the diet it could cause accidosis problems, but change the sieve sizes and alter the speed the mill is turning to increase the size of the sample. Would predominately be used for maize as roller mill struggles to get it ground fine enough

I can't see it making a blind bit of difference in a TMR situation. We get on a bettre with our calves on a rolled cereal based ration than on nuts or coarse meal from the co-op but there are a lot more variables at play than rolling v. milling.

I'd never heard of anyone buying whole maize before.

Would you be lookin for a new mixer?? I have a gehl westmack 3 t hammer mill mixer. Used for our own use until we stopped the pigs. Great mill mixer.

Would you be lookin for a new mixer?? I have a gehl westmack 3 t hammer mill mixer. Used for our own use until we stopped the pigs. Great mill mixer.

no, just thinking about the hammer mill only. all grain going through a diet feeder so I just want it ground ready for use in a heap. what sort of output had the mill on that Gehl

Are you looking for a stationary mill?

stationary would be okay with a capacity of something like 10t an hour, PTO driven as I would be only using it a couple times a month. The mill I saw, the owner reckoned that similar mills only, would be available second hand for a couple of thousand.

Depending on hp in front,type of grain and coarseness of screen from 4-6 ton per hour. You can discharge as you are grinding with the independent hydraulics.

stationary would be okay with a capacity of something like 10t an hour, PTO driven as I would be only using it a couple times a month. The mill I saw, the owner reckoned that similar mills only, would be available second hand for a couple of thousand.

Have a skiold dm3 here, good mill but wouldn't have near the capacity you want, 1.3 tonne/hour.

seems that is a bit of a wives tale, maybe if using allot of milled wheat in the diet it could cause accidosis problems, but change the sieve sizes and alter the speed the mill is turning to increase the size of the sample. Would predominately be used for maize as roller mill struggles to get it ground fine enough

Where does the maize for rolling come from ?
I have only seen maize meal similar to yellow meal

Where does the maize for rolling come from ?
I have only seen maize meal similar to yellow meal

where the sun shines properly Argentina, France, Romania, Brazil - basically anywhere there is hot women aswell:D:D oh and the US

yellow meal is whole maize ground down

Will make a few enquires and get a few pictures of the other one I saw in action

Back