Handy tractor

What is the difference in the std 6030 and the premium? At an easy glance?
Different engine, standard are 2 valve, premium are 4 which guves a more reponsive drive, 2 valve might be slightly more economical on light duties.. in theory. Premium also had a power boost. Difference in cab layout and finish aswell. Not sure eon gearboxes and hydraulics wouldnt be an expert.

Don't the little Fendt start getting heavy on the engine oil around 5000 hrs?
Any engine problems I've heard about have been down to operator error, over revving seemingly being the number one killer!! Anyone who's had a 415 always seems happy with them anyway, as said finding one in budget will be the problem.

Any engine problems I've heard about have been down to operator error, over revving seemingly being the number one killer!! Anyone who's had a 415 always seems happy with them anyway, as said finding one in budget will be the problem.

Local contractor famously had 5 fendts in at the same time for repair with the same engine fault,caused by over revving!

I’m not the greatest fan of deutz engines and my neighbours 415 is the most overrated tractor I’ve ever driven.

For me I’d be looking at a Deere or a case/new Holland.

Was the over revving caused by using the vario to slow the tractor down?

My opinion has always been a vario should not be used to brake the tractor. Thats what the brakes are for.

Different engine, standard are 2 valve, premium are 4 which guves a more reponsive drive, 2 valve might be slightly more economical on light duties.. in theory. Premium also had a power boost. Difference in cab layout and finish aswell. Not sure eon gearboxes and hydraulics wouldnt be an expert.

Cheers, the engines I knew about but looking at them is there any difference? Anyone could stick a premium badge under 6930 say, but what would be the quick easy pointers that it is a premium? A standard I would say could nearly be specced up to a premium with Tls etc but I don’t know what the differences are?
I drive a 6930 premium daily with all the toys, tls, electric spools, Hyd cab suspension, command centre 50k (now 60k) but a neighbour has one which has manual spools, 40k eco no hyd cab suspension yet badged premium, a mate has asked me to find him a 6430 premium but no two 6430 have the same spec

Cheers, the engines I knew about but looking at them is there any difference? Anyone could stick a premium badge under 6930 say, but what would be the quick easy pointers that it is a premium? A standard I would say could nearly be specced up to a premium with Tls etc but I don’t know what the differences are?
I drive a 6930 premium daily with all the toys, tls, electric spools, Hyd cab suspension, command centre 50k (now 60k) but a neighbour has one which has manual spools, 40k eco no hyd cab suspension yet badged premium, a mate has asked me to find him a 6430 premium but no two 6430 have the same spec

On the 30 series, standards have a square dashboard and no computer, like the older models. Premiums have a computer beside the gearstick and the dash is sort of rounded.

Local contractor famously had 5 fendts in at the same time for repair with the same engine fault,caused by over revving!

I’m not the greatest fan of deutz engines and my neighbours 415 is the most overrated tractor I’ve ever driven.

The 5 is excessive but when your running a large amount of machines like that man is you nearly have to accept that not everybody is going to be able to drive them properly.
Hard to understand I know but out of 10 guys 4 might be great operators and the rest are just drivers there just sitting there not really operating the machine

What didn't you like about the 415? Always thought they seemed to go well, looking from the outside anyway.

My opinion has always been a vario should not be used to brake the tractor. Thats what the brakes are for.
I believe so with the ones here, you hear them slowing down at junctions and they seem to be revving extremely hard on times.

The 5 is excessive but when your running a large amount of machines like that man is you nearly have to accept that not everybody is going to be able to drive them properly.
Hard to understand I know but out of 10 guys 4 might be great operators and the rest are just drivers there just sitting there not really operating the machine

I’m finding it hard with driver training,I let my mrs out on the 240 yesterday:scared:

Lads were putting them in neutral and freewheeling downhills,when they put it back in gear the vario couldn't match the speed fast enough and they over revved.

What didn't you like about the 415? Always thought they seemed to go well, looking from the outside anyway.

I believe so with the ones here, you hear them slowing down at junctions and they seem to be revving extremely hard on times.

Gutless,light and a small cab

There's no problem with using the vario to slow down as long as you keep the engine revs from rising too far, exhaust brake and keep nudging back on the joystick to keep engine revs up is fine

Isn't that what tms is for? Drive it like an auto car. No need to be pulling back joystick and over revving the engine.

There's no problem with using the vario to slow down as long as you keep the engine revs from rising too far, exhaust brake and keep nudging back on the joystick to keep engine revs up is fine
A friend of mine would skin anyone alive for using the vario to slow down on his Fendt. The tractor alone is fine but any trailer work use the brakes. I know very little myself just what he told me.

DSCN4433-800x800.JPG
http://www.nethertontractors.co.uk/equipment-sales/tractors/s6420s.html
Advertised at £24k on agriaffaires

I always thought their was no direct drive through a vario box so can never understand this over-revving thing. A computer controlled gearbox shouldn't be allowed to do that to itself.

If you weren’t meant to slow a cvt tractor with the transmission they wouldn’t fit exhaust brakes.

Lad was telling me the other day the ruination of varios is using pedal mode:rolleyes2: ffs it’s puts less strain on the transmission,there seem to be a lot of myths regarding cvt transmissions.

If you weren’t meant to slow a cvt tractor with the transmission they wouldn’t fit exhaust brakes.

Lad was telling me the other day the ruination of varios is using pedal mode:rolleyes2: ffs it’s puts less strain on the transmission,there seem to be a lot of myths regarding cvt transmissions.
Surely to God there is a training course or even a manual explaining what you can and can't do. At least on the fendts??

I always thought their was no direct drive through a vario box so can never understand this over-revving thing. A computer controlled gearbox shouldn't be allowed to do that to itself.
That isn't strictly true, all cvt transmissions in tractors have a degree of mechanical drive at some point through the speed range. Not sure on a fendt is it 100% mechanical at top speed then it reduces as the speed drops?? On a cvx there is four points from 0-50km/hr where it is purely mechanical, this is around the middle of each range depending on engine revs. If you take your foot off the pedal on a cvx it will gradually come to a stop, it doesn't try and stop instantly the electronics prevent that from happening, it would match forward speed of the transmission to engine revs to prevent it over revving. Where as in a fendt pulling back on the stick your actively slowing the transmission down, bit like in a normal gearbox if you changed down a gear while going downhill the engine would over rev.

I find with the Fendt you can set the % engine die down but slowing down the engine over rev can happen very quickly. I would now use the engine brake before pulling back on the stick and using the brakes . It would be hard to get a gearbox to over rev the engine without dropping down through the gears .
After silage season Roberts engineering have over thirty engines that have dropped valves because of over rev ing and they are NewHolland and John Deere. If a Fendt defecates a Vario the Jungle Telegraph goes into overdrive.

That isn't strictly true, all cvt transmissions in tractors have a degree of mechanical drive at some point through the speed range. Not sure on a fendt is it 100% mechanical at top speed then it reduces as the speed drops?? On a cvx there is four points from 0-50km/hr where it is purely mechanical, this is around the middle of each range depending on engine revs. If you take your foot off the pedal on a cvx it will gradually come to a stop, it doesn't try and stop instantly the electronics prevent that from happening, it would match forward speed of the transmission to engine revs to prevent it over revving. Where as in a fendt pulling back on the stick your actively slowing the transmission down, bit like in a normal gearbox if you changed down a gear while going downhill the engine would over rev.
bit like the tm then. damn tractor is the worst for it. when i'm going downhill i try to get the tractor under 1500 revs before down shifting, go into 17th gear from 18th and she goes up a bit to 1800 but most of the time when i get to 16 or 15 that 1500 jumps right up to 2100 and by that point my foot is still on the brake trying to slow the engine down. id say i have to drop down to 1300rpm to have it not over-rev too much

Back