Hardi sprayer pump

johndeere6920s

The pressure is poor enough in our hardi sprayer.
It broke a piston one day so we put new pistons and diagphrams into it.
Still fairly poor.
Was wondering where to go looking next

Still fairly poor.
Seal at the top of the suction pipe from the tank? Normally a red screw on cap about 3” in the round if the o ring goes it struggles to suck up anything from the tank to make pressure

Seal at the top of the suction pipe from the tank? Normally a red screw on cap about 3” in the round if the o ring goes it struggles to suck up anything from the tank to make pressure
I'll have to put it on over the next week or two and check out these things.
I'd imagined it would only be something fairly small.
You'd need the tractor well revved up for. It to do anything.
The same with self filling

the valves in the heads.....................some maybe in the wrong way round......................

Are all the inline filters clean and the nozzles ? There’s also a self cleaning filter that doesn’t self clean if the water is coming from a dirty source, the water might look clean but it’s very fine particles that block it , I had trouble on day .every time I turned off the sprayer to check it the stuff blocking it went back into the tank , took a few phone calls for someone to tell me what it was .

Are all the inline filters clean and the nozzles ? There’s also a self cleaning filter that doesn’t self clean if the water is coming from a dirty source, the water might look clean but it’s very fine particles that block it , I had trouble on day .every time I turned off the sprayer to check it the stuff blocking it went back into the tank , took a few phone calls for someone to tell me what it was .
Filters seem fine there's like a ball yoke. That you pump up with air above the pump no idea what it does

I'd check valves also very easy to put one of these in wrong. Is there a self filler on it? If so put to fill and see if it maintains the suction while pumping slowly

Still fairly poor.
2 cyl pump?
Mine won't get much more than 5 bar while being reved 450rpm

I jumped in beside a guy one day with brand new sprayer putting on 200l and zipping along at 15km/h but using low rate nozzles. The rate controller was at 8bar !! Needless to say there was nothing but mist behind him!

I jumped in beside a guy one day with brand new sprayer putting on 200l and zipping along at 15km/h but using low rate nozzles. The rate controller was at 8bar !! Needless to say there was nothing but mist behind him!
14k for me at 2 bar is 125 l/h
8k at 3 bar is 250l/h

I cant remember which he was using but he was setup for spraying 80-100l/hectare but was doing a job for another man at 200l and just didn't realise that sprayer might need different nozzles.

Back