Hay 2019

I got my 3 to 3.5 acres on Tuesday night . Mowed it the previous Tuesday . I turned it 5 times , taking my time and breaking it out properly. I had 31 bales off it . Reseeded 10 odd years . Green ryegrass.

I seen a lad turning hay today and he must have thought the hay was on fire behind him he was going that fast, he might as well have stayed in the house drinking tea :rolleyes2:

How long would you need to leave out small squares after baling. Was baled dry on Tuesday and put into ricks of four but didn’t put the knots out and down. Was going to chance sticking them in the shed tomorrow evening as there a chance of a few raindrops on Saturday

How long would you need to leave out small squares after baling. Was baled dry on Tuesday and put into ricks of four but didn’t put the knots out and down. Was going to chance sticking them in the shed tomorrow evening as there a chance of a few raindrops on Saturday

Saw a family drawing small square bales in an Ifor Williams stock box at 10.45 last night . They werent baled at 6 pm. Madness i thougt . Must have been 300 bales on it .

Can you put them in the shed loose for a while before stacking them? I wouldn't have much fear of them in any case as they'd be heating now if they were going to do it at all!

Bale 2000/3000 a year here and run a flat eight sleigh after the bale collect bale with grab straight away and put in shed if it's fit to bale it's fit to draw being doing this way for years never any issue . Problem is too many rush in bailing unfit hay baled stuff today for customer not near ready but he's the boss

I seen a lad turning hay today and he must have thought the hay was on fire behind him he was going that fast, he might as well have stayed in the house drinking tea :rolleyes2:

I seen a ould lad the other day turning and was the complete opposite. He had something like a 165mf and he dropped the Turner and stood out of the seat and stood beside the seat holding the steering wheel with one hand and holding the back of the seat with the other. When he get close to the next headland he would get back in the seat to turn around. I say the man wasn’t able turn the neck around. He was definitely in the low box

God, sounds like the country will be full of hay. Looks like it’s being made in all areas too.
If global warning gives us warmer summers and wetter winters, it might all be needed too.

God, sounds like the country will be full of hay. Looks like it’s being made in all areas too.
If global warning gives us warmer summers and wetter winters, it might all be needed too.

There would usually be a lot of hay bought north of here from Wexford, Kilkenny, Meath etc. Can't see them bringing it that far this year. Everything is just about done and crops are way up. There's less cattle around here too. Fodder prices will flop.

Back