Hazardous waste

Arthur

http://www.teagasc.ie/events/2015/EPA_HazardousWasteEvents.pdf Contemplating taking some empty containers to Cahir next Tuesday so i decided to weigh an empty 20 litre one, it weighed just over a kg. so €4 + vat, if I fill it with waste oil it's free of charge. Anybody ever been to one of these collections and if so is there a lot of waiting around in a queue for the various waste types. Doing the maths I'd be better off with a skip from Mr. Binman @ €300 as I have about 30 X 20 litre drums and maybe 60 other smaller containers, also a 205 litre drum full of oil filters @ €2 + vat/ kg and a bit of general waste. Add in the travel cost and the time element to deliver this stuff to Cahir and I can see a cost close to €500.

http://www.teagasc.ie/events/2015/EPA_HazardousWasteEvents.pdf Contemplating taking some empty containers to Cahir next Tuesday so i decided to weigh an empty 20 litre one, it weighed just over a kg. so €4 + vat, if I fill it with waste oil it's free of charge. Anybody ever been to one of these collections and if so is there a lot of waiting around in a queue for the various waste types. Doing the maths I'd be better off with a skip from Mr. Binman @ €300 as I have about 30 X 20 litre drums and maybe 60 other smaller containers, also a 205 litre drum full of oil filters @ €2 + vat/ kg and a bit of general waste. Add in the travel cost and the time element to deliver this stuff to Cahir and I can see a cost close to €500.
I've 2 barrels full of waste oil.
Am I reading right that it's free to get rid of if it's oil in it and they charge you if not? Hope they come around here

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

If you have a inspection in the morning you are suppose to be able to account where your left over chemicals that are out of date have been disposed of, account where you got rid of filters, waste oil etc. Going to one of those collections is like a get out of jail card. You dont have to bring all your waste but defo bring some. You might have to wait over 1 hour going by the queue in Enniscorthy last year. Empty spray containers if tripe rinsed should be safe to bring to a normal waste collector.

Am I reading right that it's free to get rid of if it's oil in it and they charge you if not? Hope they come around here

If you look at the link you will see Castleisland is next Saturday.

The brother delivered our contribution of waste oil which was free . but a big bag of lids of spray containers designated contaminated plastic which has to be exported cost over €200 . Thats over 50 Kg of lids .€€€€€ :crying::crying::crying:

went to ennis last week

couple of drums of waste oil (free) some scrap electrical ( free)

that's the end of the good news, a couple of oil drums 2 buckets of oil/fuel filters , needles & syringes and some clean plastic 20 ltr drum quickly came to €130

no delay as such & i thought it was way over staffed but maybe in other centres they would be needed

all the staff were helpful,chatty & friendly

Stuffed a pile of waste oil, filters, empty containers and batteries into the crewcab and went in at 9.20 for 9.30 opening, back on the road again at 9.40, €182 +vat lighter, best bit was I managed to duck any rain and wind, one of the staff said they had a horrible days weather in Castleisland last week.

Attachments

• Photo0615.jpg
    Photo0615.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Photo0614.jpg
    Photo0614.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 61
If you have a inspection in the morning you are suppose to be able to account where your left over chemicals that are out of date have been disposed of, account where you got rid of filters, waste oil etc. Going to one of those collections is like a get out of jail card. You dont have to bring all your waste but defo bring some. You might have to wait over 1 hour going by the queue in Enniscorthy last year. Empty spray containers if tripe rinsed should be safe to bring to a normal waste collector.

"We"are farm assured, and red tractor and a few other mandatory hoops, one of the biggest things the inspector likes to see is how you dispose of waste, oil, plastic, you name it they want a "ticket",,,

Getting on for 2 years since we had a collection locally, there is one coming up in November http://www.agriland.ie/static/fhw/i...tm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=hazardous_waste which I will miss because I will be away that week, a flier related to this came with the last teagasc newsletter and on the back it stated that it was an offence to store hazardous waste for more than 6 months, if that is the law why have we to wait 2 years for a collection.:scratchhead:

There are plenty other places to take it, problem is it will be a lot more expensive than one of these subsidised collection days

Back