hedgecutting

Ya, nothing serious only the location where the burning is taking place.
And notify the fire department and let them know what time you plan to start and let them know again when your finished..
I doubt the man I saw burning bushes today notified anyone going by the pile of fertilizer big bags and bale wrap etc. he was shoving into the fire..:whistle:

I see a neighbour cutting hedges today, I know that the season can be a bit restrictive but mid April is taking the piss. The hedges are not even bad, done last spring as well and no need for it, in grass fields grazed by sheep with no electric. No wonder that we have calendar farming when we can't have manners.

I see a neighbour cutting hedges today, I know that the season can be a bit restrictive but mid April is taking the piss. The hedges are not even bad, done last spring as well and no need for it, in grass fields grazed by sheep with no electric. No wonder that we have calendar farming when we can't have manners.
There is no excuse for that, field conditions haven't been a problem, you could travel pretty much anywhere all winter.

There is no excuse for that, field conditions haven't been a problem, you could travel pretty much anywhere all winter.
Clowns like that just make it that little bit more difficult for the rest of us.

If he was using electric fencing or if the hedges were high or encroaching I could see some reason to it, but they are low hedges cut to the scut last spring there would be no loss or disadvantage leaving them till Autumn.

to be fair it looks like the tractor driver has stopped the machine to let the cyclist past
angles can be deceiving but he looks to be about 8-10 foot back,bit close for my liking but Darwin will get him

I'm not for a moment criticizing the tractor driver, how anyone could go so close to a machine like that and not expect some danger is beyond me....

I'm not for a moment criticizing the tractor driver, how anyone could go so close to a machine like that and not expect some danger is beyond me....
i got caught out last year on a busy road . tractor was 1 wheel up on the pavement topping a hedge , was stopped waiting on a machine in front of me getting round a sign and he was waiting for a gap in traffic to do it .a lassie came walking down pavement behind me , she turned sideways to squeeze between the running flail and the back wheel :huh: .

i got caught out last year on a busy road . tractor was 1 wheel up on the pavement topping a hedge , was stopped waiting on a machine in front of me getting round a sign and he was waiting for a gap in traffic to do it .a lassie came walking down pavement behind me , she turned sideways to squeeze between the running flail and the back wheel :huh: .

Reading that would put the shivers down you never mind witnessing it from the tractor seat. I think kids between 5 and 12 or 13 are the most manerly pedestrians out there and pensioners are without doubt the worst, they would walk out in front of you anywhere, not even look but expect you to see them and stop. It's no wonder OAPs have the shortest life expectancy....

Maybe it's one of them "flexible" signs. You give a good push forward, you'll gain maybe a ft, another good push back to gain a ft in the other direction and then a gentle push forward to straighten it back!
I don't think this sign would take that extra push Snapchat-89695156.jpg

I don't think this sign would take that extra push View attachment 81713
That one shouldn't be there, knock it out of the way and mulch it up to remove the evidence :cowboy:
No a new mcconnel he does the same around telephone poles I don't know how he does it
Use your steering, turn across the road, the closer to 90 degrees to the hedge the better and keep the end without the motor tight to the pole, you should get the most of it doing it that way

No a new mcconnel he does the same around telephone poles I don't know how he does it
Has he a orbiter on it? You can lift it up and get more or less up against a pole, also it pushes the head forward giving enough clearance between back of head and the arm to go round a pole and pull the head back in towards you!
That one shouldn't be there, knock it out of the way and mulch it up to remove the evidence :cowboy:

Use your steering, turn across the road, the closer to 90 degrees to the hedge the better and keep the end without the motor tight to the pole, you should get the most of it doing it that way
You'll have to start doing tutorial videos on youtube......................:cool1:

I do around the poles with a petrol hedge trimmers once the Hedgecutter man has them done. I know I am a bit f**ked up when it comes to having things neat. But I have them done in 30 mins as all poles in my place are along the public road so drive to each one so not a big ordeal.

Back