Heifer

jd66

Lads i sold a heifer 216 days ago in the nart turns out she is in calf and new owners want to return her how much a day wil they want for keeping her 216 days

Lads i sold a heifer 216 days ago in the nart turns out she is in calf and new owners want to return her how much a day wil they want for keeping her 216 days

Its a good few years since we had one. The last one cost us €300 for 200 days. That included transport. And we had to collect her. Someone on here had one a while back that had to have a section and a dead calf. They had to pay for the section as well as the cost of keeping her.

He reckons 4 weeks away from calving

Sold 216 days and due to calf in 4 weeks, That's only 246 days. That would be a month short of gestation if he's correct on the expected calving date. Are you very sure she was bulled on your place?

Sold 216 days and due to calf in 4 weeks, That's only 246 days. That would be a month short of gestation if he's correct on the expected calving date. Are you very sure she was bulled on your place?

That's 244 days
If it went to court:
39 days + up to 21 days more to be taken into account for time that she might be over (depending on her breed and breed of the sire). That's 60 days. So if she calves within the next 2 months, it is most likely that she was bulled on his farm.

It happens. You have to cut your losses. Pay the man. Preserve your reputation and move on!

Il take her back no problem she is a ch heifer she was 495 kg when i sold her so should be a good lump of a heifer now roughly how much a day wil he charge me for keeping her the 216 days

Il take her back no problem she is a ch heifer she was 495 kg when i sold her so should be a good lump of a heifer now roughly how much a day wil he charge me for keeping her the 216 days

Had this issue with a lad recently, looking for extortionate money over the heifer, threatened all sorts, I dug me heals in and offered what I felt was fair, which he declined to accept, heifer is 10 months sold now, still no calf!!

Look at it as he contract reared the heifer for you so just give him €1.20/day and that should keep everyone happy

Most marts over here are based on heifers assumed not in calf unless otherwise stated.
Yeah same here.
Bust over here they have a policy regarding returns. Or at least its up to the auctioneer as a 3rd party to decide on terms on how much keep to charge.

Had that problem a few years back myself and i got the mart auctioneer to value her for me as price will depend on how well the guy who bought her off you looked after her. Auctioneer valued her and was a little high but i would rather pay a extra few euro and keep the peace. Everyone was happy and end of problem.

Had that problem a few years back myself and i got the mart auctioneer to value her for me as price will depend on how well the guy who bought her off you looked after her. Auctioneer valued her and was a little high but i would rather pay a extra few euro and keep the peace. Everyone was happy and end of problem.

Aye get the mart involved, ask them to value the job, then no one should feel like they've been stitched up, make sure of course that the bloke gets a pre movement test done before you even think of moving it, !!! You never know it might calve by the time you get it back,,,,,,
OR,,,,,,, IT might not,,,

Honestly dont know they were on a piece of rough ground we had rented hadnt been put in at all until january so have no idea there was a few bullocks of my own with them but no bulls so i think it must have been a visiting bull that i didnt se at some stage

Mabey but she the only one so far anyhow all bullocks look to be done properly if she only one wont complain

Back