high houred hero's

Chatting to someone last week with an Agrotron 150 and it has over 26k hours on it. He told me he's never touched the engine to do anything. To look at the same tractor you wouldn't think it had 8k hours.

The Hero Kelly RIP .
Not a tractor but a small man that was a big Noise in Silage harvesting and Dung spreading in the 60,s 70,s and 80,s . He was the first around here to use semi industrial loaders for dung and silage . I remember him coming around with three Howard side flingers Pulled by Cabless Massey Ferguson 175,s and a Massey Loader with a big weight block on the back . He eventually moved from Double Chops to Self Propelled often with internal modifications and was the first around here to put in 100 acres in the day using two New Hollands . There is many a lorry driver that started his working life as a Child soldier and became one of Kellys Heroes until he could find a job driving a truck with more reasonable hours and less Hardship yet they fondly remember their time working for him .
https://rip.ie/death-notice/johnny-the-hero-kelly-tullow-carlow/362244

The Hero Kelly RIP .
Not a tractor but a small man that was a big Noise in Silage harvesting and Dung spreading in the 60,s 70,s and 80,s . He was the first around here to use semi industrial loaders for dung and silage . I remember him coming around with three Howard side flingers Pulled by Cabless Massey Ferguson 175,s and a Massey Loader with a big weight block on the back . He eventually moved from Double Chops to Self Propelled often with internal modifications and was the first around here to put in 100 acres in the day using two New Hollands . There is many a lorry driver that started his working life as a Child soldier and became one of Kellys Heroes until he could find a job driving a truck with more reasonable hours and less Hardship yet they fondly remember their time working for him .

That was even on the Wexford deaths today, unique nickname!

The Hero Kelly RIP .
I wouldn't remember the MF's but the later fleet of 5cyl Fiats, a very distinctive sound, and the modified side flingers.
RIP.

Back