high houred hero's

If you add up the hours, it has been working close on 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year for the last 9 years.
That's a lot of time for one machine to be working.
Wonder what its been at?
Big lump of a tractor would usually be used very seasonally. Makes me think it's not been farming??

It could be working 80 hrs a week for 26 weeks. I seem to remember been told fendts put up hours quickly.

Reactions: AYF
It could be working 80 hrs a week for 26 weeks. I seem to remember been told fendts put up hours quickly.
In reality it has about 12 thousand hours on it . Ours seems to put up hours while I sleep . The Class is the slowest yoke to put up hours I ever seen. Drive out the haggard in the Fendt and it would put up two hours and spend the whole evening in the Class and it might add three .

The accountants make sure you think the tractor has more work done and needs replacing and that it has done those hours without a major breakdown. I think it was Volkswagen that had cars @90Km reading 100Km leading to more sales and penalties on lease hire .

Hadn’t heard that about VW? (Or any brand), funny that it wasn’t under recording.....
If it was VW then that combined with the emissions scandal wouldn’t inspire confidence....

The accountants make sure you think the tractor has more work done and needs replacing and that it has done those hours without a major breakdown. I think it was Volkswagen that had cars @90Km reading 100Km leading to more sales and penalties on lease hire .
Does it state anywhere that an hour is an hour I wonder?
Could just be an unit of measure they call H ?!?

In reality it has about 12 thousand hours on it . Ours seems to put up hours while I sleep . The Class is the slowest yoke to put up hours I ever seen. Drive out the haggard in the Fendt and it would put up two hours and spend the whole evening in the Class and it might add three .

You had better not be selling the Claas any time soon after admitting that..:laugh:

So in reality it got a Vario at 8000 hrs if judged against a different brand, got it's oil changes a 2/3rd the hours, the mind boggles..:scratchhead::confused3:

My Fendt lies about how much diesel it drinks,never thought it far off on hours though.

Weren't hours based on engine revs

Not since digitel clocks came in. I remember back years ago a friend of mine got a job drawing in silage with the local contractor. Anyway he wasnt happy on pay day saying that the contractors wife checked his hours against the clock on the tractor. Thats funny I said you know I happened to be driving that tractor back a couple of years ago and I distinly remember that the hour clock was stuck at 12,875 hours and I doubt anyone bothered about getting it back going again.:lol:

Probably no one will believe me but the Steyr here passed the 20,000 hour mark today, with all this talk of hours being counted up quick I checked the clock hour against a real hour and its bang on. On older tractors where the clock run off the rev counter it used to be at a given revs, think it was 1250 rpm on a Leyland, don't know did that mean it clocked faster with more revs or not. Ours was mostly broke down so it didn't clock many anyway!!!:rolleyes2: (i'm not revving the nuts off it the rev counter goes slightly mad from time to time)
IMG_1272.JPG IMG_1275.JPG

Probably no one will believe me but the Steyr here passed the 20,000 hour mark today, with all this talk of hours being counted up quick I checked the clock hour against a real hour and its bang on. On older tractors where the clock run off the rev counter it used to be at a given revs, think it was 1250 rpm on a Leyland, don't know did that mean it clocked faster with more revs or not. Ours was mostly broke down so it didn't clock many anyway!!!:rolleyes2: (i'm not revving the nuts off it the rev counter goes slightly mad from time to time)
View attachment 58939 View attachment 58940
Will thay be your second time putting it around the clock or had it more than 10k when You got it?

I doubt there is many zetors with them hours.
I didn't think they were fit to do it without a lot of repairs but maybe I'm wrong.
I'm going by one I know be a bit older than that one

Back