I'm Looking For...

Some that are into electrics might be able to point me in the direction of one of these switches, it's off a class battery booster, while I'm at it does anyone know what size fuse they take and where would I get one? Dads 3000amp fuse is a bit highly rated I think Screenshot_20190712-131702_Gallery.jpg 20190712_131642.jpg 20190712_131632.jpg 15629341671047663141010542648792.jpg

Some that are into electrics might be able to point me in the direction of one of these switches, it's off a class battery booster, while I'm at it does anyone know what size fuse they take and where would I get one? Dads 3000amp fuse is a bit highly rated I think View attachment 67748 View attachment 67749 View attachment 67750 View attachment 67751
have one here not unlike it salvaged from something or other its 30mm x 10mm if you pm address I’ll stick in post. 806FB2EC-707A-4F25-8506-B79BCD7BD529.jpeg

Reactions: max
Where would a lad get belts like this? They are off a rush mulcher. They snapped in heavy rushes. One would have thought that the shear bolt would go first.

I can find plenty of belt suppliers with different brands, but how do I know the width at the top and bottom of the belt?

IMG_20190715_211716_4.jpg

Where would a lad get belts like this? They are off a rush mulcher. They snapped in heavy rushes. One would have thought that the shear bolt would go first.

I can find plenty of belt suppliers with different brands, but how do I know the width at the top and bottom of the belt?

View attachment 67936
XPB 2840 Ld should be enough information for any place to order. Central Bearings in Galway or Athlone should be able order if they don’t have in stock. I’m not working there any more but if you ring them, one of the lads will sort you no bother

I’m looking to replace my old Krone 130 baler with a John Deere 568 hybrid, ie front half of chamber is rollers and back half is chain and slat just like the Krone. Does anyone have any opinions, good or bad. I’ve looked at several balers (50:50) ,ask my brother ( phone a friend) so now it’s time to ask the audience (F4F) ! TiA.

I’m looking to replace my old Krone 130 baler with a John Deere 568 hybrid, ie front half of chamber is rollers and back half is chain and slat just like the Krone. Does anyone have any opinions, good or bad. I’ve looked at several balers (50:50) ,ask my brother ( phone a friend) so now it’s time to ask the audience (F4F) ! TiA.

Looks a very clean baler. It should share a lot of parts with the 578 and our straw baling man has one of those and would be very happy with the bales

Half thinking of buying a conditioner as it looks like it could be tricky getting straw this year, I already have a single rotor rake but was reckoning if I had a conditioner I could run the headlands just to fluff them up a bit once the combine was finished or when straw is 90% and just needs a liven up as opposed to needing to be completely moved to dry ground with the rake, are there any good or bad ones, don’t intend spending a fortune https://www.donedeal.ie/haybobs-for-sale/superted-silage-tedder/22460387

Half thinking of buying a conditioner as it looks like it could be tricky getting straw this year, I already have a single rotor rake but was reckoning if I had a conditioner I could run the headlands just to fluff them up a bit once the combine was finished or when straw is 90% and just needs a liven up as opposed to needing to be completely moved to dry ground with the rake, are there any good or bad ones, don’t intend spending a fortune https://www.donedeal.ie/haybobs-for-sale/superted-silage-tedder/22460387

I was told steer clear of 8 foot wide rotors if swarths are close together as they catch and pull bits of d rows either side. D 1s with d wheels under d rotor are supposed to follow ground better as they dont dig d ground to much

I told steer clear of 8 foot wide rotors if swarths are close together as they catch and pull bits of d rows either side. D 1s with d wheels under d rotor are supposed to follow ground better as they dont dig d ground to much
Cheers I’ll only be using it in 15ft rows of straw, don’t intend ever using it in grass.

I still use my Cock-pheasant Tedder with the swarth gates down on straw. Take it easy over the tramlines ! Must be 50 years old by now.

We have a 3m elho one with a few yrs .they all do the same job and they are the business for drying out straw
I had one off a dealer one year the spring barley straw got soaked in September, didn’t really work for me in that situation but I think when it’s just tricky it will do the business.
I still use my Cock-pheasant Tedder with the swarth gates down on straw. Take it easy over the tramlines ! Must be 50 years old by now.
There’s nobody local with a modern conditioner that I could get a loan off to try out, a friend has a cock pheasant alright but has no swarth gates on it so it would leave it too wide for the baler I’d imagine.

I had one off a dealer one year the spring barley straw got soaked in September, didn’t really work for me in that situation but I think when it’s just tricky it will do the business.
There’s nobody local with a modern conditioner that I could get a loan off to try out, a friend has a cock pheasant alright but has no swarth gates on it so it would leave it too wide for the baler I’d imagine.

It’s probably a hen pheasant so.

Back