I'm Looking For...

28-L26's should be common enough, as @Ozzy Scott stated they are used on slurry tankers, getting them with 6" centres to fit MF might be a bit less common.
I don't mind the centres being wrong, have the capability to modify them here no problem. Just thought I might get a set for around a thousand, maybe I'm being a bit ambitious

Bought a set of those a few years back for hedgetrimming, tbh I wouldn't recommend that tread pattern for a drive wheel. The tread is too thick and too close for grip, didn't keep them for long as I was going to end up upside down.
I only want them for spraying and fertiliser early in the spring on fairly flat ground,would they be ok for that??

I only want them for spraying and fertiliser early in the spring on fairly flat ground,would they be ok for that??
Maybe, if you had a wet spot to get through they will clog up and then are pretty much slick! Try and get something with a more open tread if you can, I think you'd be a bit disappointed with them even if its fairly flat, you aren't going to have huge weight to press them in for grip if that makes sense? I went to 800/32's after and it was like day and night.

Maybe, if you had a wet spot to get through they will clog up and then are pretty much slick! Try and get something with a more open tread if you can, I think you'd be a bit disappointed with them even if its fairly flat, you aren't going to have huge weight to press them in for grip if that makes sense? I went to 800/32's after and it was like day and night.
Yeah when you think about it what your saying makes perfect sense. Yeah 800s it will have to be so. Would terra tyres clog up similar to what you explained above

Yeah when you think about it what your saying makes perfect sense. Yeah 800s it will have to be so. Would terra tyres clog up similar to what you explained above
I wouldn't know about terra tyres really, they might be better. Could you get about ok with terra tyres on because you would be fairly wide, are they about a metre wide or wider?

I wouldn't know about terra tyres really, they might be better. Could you get about ok with terra tyres on because you would be fairly wide, are they about a metre wide or wider?
Yeah I could manage, theres no road work involved

Looking for a bonnet for a Porsche allgaier ap22 tractor. Bought new here in 1956 and needs a bonnet, the old one hasn't been seen in my time

Looking for a bonnet for a Porsche allgaier ap22 tractor. Bought new here in 1956 and needs a bonnet, the old one hasn't been seen in my time

Is that green ,being 56 ? Very early model. 2 cylinder?
They were assembled in Borris in Ossory , for the final 3 or 4 years of production, up to 63 ish.
I d say you have a very slim chance of finding one . Theres a lad somewhere in Galway , Oranmore possibly had some parts , but mainly engine stuff I think.

No its orange.yes it came from boris in ossory alright.
I know it's a very slim chance.there is a lad In galway that may have one s/h according to the tinternet. Wants 1500 for it and it's not perfect

No its orange.yes it came from boris in ossory alright.
I know it's a very slim chance.there is a lad In galway that may have one s/h according to the tinternet. Wants 1500 for it and it's not perfect
At that kind of money could a panel beater bring one together from scratch ?

Is that green ,being 56 ? Very early model. 2 cylinder?
They were assembled in Borris in Ossory , for the final 3 or 4 years of production, up to 63 ish.
I d say you have a very slim chance of finding one . Theres a lad somewhere in Galway , Oranmore possibly had some parts , but mainly engine stuff I think.

I know of a man with a nice 3 cylinder , he has had half a dozen Algaires over the years . I might ask him next time I meet him.
If you could get the loan of a decent 2 cylinder bonnet , would the lad in Co Clare , O Hagan , be able to make a copy in fibreglass for you ?

10 odd years ago , there was a 4 cylinder , AP 44 , Porsche,( they were 11 hp per cylinder , also called a Major , and rare as rocking horse shite ) , out the back of JR Perry's garage in Athy , also minus its bonnet , but otherwise looked very tidy , but no idea if seized or otherwise sick.

Considering that they were a very local tractor to me here , and that they were sold up to 1963 , I only remember seeing one of them still in use in 1975 or 6 . Parts were impossible to get for them when they were 5 years old . Whereas there are plenty of MF 35s , which were on sale at the same time , still in use .

Ours was retired from active service in the seventies other than occasionally mixing cement or turning hay.
She is still going though hard started.
It's nice to bring it out for an odd spin

Back