I'm Looking For...

Looking for a autoswather for a John deere 530, if anyone knows a breaker or dealer who may sell one of a stock mower.

Evening all, I've a question for the knowledgeable ones regarding loaders. Fitting a loader to a 2wd Ford 7740. Don't want anything too heavy but capable of lifting "dryish" silage bales with a soft hands grab at the most. I've located a rossmore fl60 non self level (440kgs) a quickie 450 non sl and an mx 95u both of which I don't know the weights. What would peoples advice or opinions be on these bearing in mind I don't want to murder the tractor, would like to be able to remove easily and will move approx 100 bales twice a year and move 100 tonne of farmyard manure, so could have it off the tractor 3/4 months of the year... I wouldn't mind so much if it was a 4wd.

I Would think The mx95 Is a much bigger loader than The other two.

All I'll say Is have you wide tyres upfront And a bit of weight behind And It Will be fine.

If you're anything like rest of us, it'll rarely be taken off:cowboy:

It's The new trend :cool1:

Looking for a pneumatic fertiliser spreader. Something old but in good condition would suit. Doesn’t have to be high spec, just reasonably clean.

@KJL, cheffins have one in an auction in the next two weeks, not the regular Cambridge sales but a farm auction.

Don't have a link I'm afraid

Reactions: KJL
Looking for a pneumatic fertiliser spreader. Something old but in good condition would suit. Doesn’t have to be high spec, just reasonably clean.

In Classic Tractor magazine a month or 2 ago , there was an article on a Co Cork farmer who was interested in selling off some of his old machinery , including a 40 odd year old pneumatic fertiliser spreader .
2 big old John Deeres , an MF 65.

@KJL, cheffins have one in an auction in the next two weeks, not the regular Cambridge sales but a farm auction.

You brought the subject of what @KJL was looking for up again.

Reactions: KJL

In Classic Tractor magazine a month or 2 ago , there was an article on a Co Cork farmer who was interested in selling off some of his old machinery , including a 40 odd year old pneumatic fertiliser spreader .
2 big old John Deeres , an MF 65.

You brought the subject of what @KJL was looking for up again.

Thanks,

I ended up finding one and bought it. It’s not home yet but it should do the job I need it for.

I’m looking for a 2ft 6 or 3ft digging bucket and a shoring bucket to suit an ex40 with 45mm pins, I believe most ex60 buckets are the same, would anyone know where there might be a few in a dealers yard or anything. I rang a good few numbers on DoneDeal and there was very little that wasn’t sold or had holes in it

Thanks lads I will try those. I think 2ft 6 is probably the best size but it seems hard to get one without buying new. I have cleaned most of our drains with our 40 in the last 2 months and I am very impressed with it, it is a very handy digger and it’s very useful for putting big bags of fertiliser in the spreader. It has 600mm steel tracks and is very stable, just to get a few buckets for it now :Thumbp2:

I’m looking for a 2ft 6 or 3ft digging bucket and a shoring bucket to suit an ex40 with 45mm pins, I believe most ex60 buckets are the same, would anyone know where there might be a few in a dealers yard or anything. I rang a good few numbers on DoneDeal and there was very little that wasn’t sold or had holes in it

I have a 3ft jcb bucket on my UH02, a sort of a father to a 60 on steroids. My wonder is 3ft too big for a 40.

I got a 2 foot with the digger that I never used. Would something like that suit better?

I have a 3ft jcb bucket on my UH02, a sort of a father to a 60 on steroids. My wonder is 3ft too big for a 40.

I got a 2 foot with the digger that I never used. Would something like that suit better?

I think a 30 inch would be okay on a 40, a 36 inch is probably too wide for any hard digging

I’d say that it would be able for 3 foot, a friend of mine has a 30 inch on an ex30 and it is well able for it. I think the 2 foot would be just a bit too small for it, but thanks for the offer. You gave great advice when I was looking at buying the machine before :thumbup:

I’d say that it would be able for 3 foot, a friend of mine has a 30 inch on an ex30 and it is well able for it. I think the 2 foot would be just a bit too small for it, but thanks for the offer. You gave great advice when I was looking at buying the machine before :thumbup:
A bucket off a 60 wont fit,pin centres will be to far,ran a ex40 for 6/7 years and after buying it the best thing i did buy was a 3ft digging bucket,made a right digger out of it,
Have a zaxis 50 now about 6/7 years and have a 3 ft riddle bucket which i use mostly but have a 3ft digging bucket for it also,and its well fit for it,ex40 and zaxis 50 are nearly the same weight,same undercarriage but nearly 18 inch more reach.

Iv a 2ft here and very rarely use it,only use it for the likes of a foundation,have about 8 buckets for the digger,but either of the 3fts would be on mostly

A bucket off a 60 wont fit,pin centres will be to far,ran a ex40 for 6/7 years and after buying it the best thing i did buy was a 3ft digging bucket,made a right digger out of it,
Have a zaxis 50 now about 6/7 years and have a 3 ft riddle bucket which i use mostly but have a 3ft digging bucket for it also,and its well fit for it,ex40 and zaxis 50 are nearly the same weight,same undercarriage but nearly 18 inch more reach.
Good man thanks, I will keep a look out for a 3ft bucket, I only have a grading bucket at the moment it is fine for cleaning ditches but not great for digging

Good man thanks, I will keep a look out for a 3ft bucket, I only have a grading bucket at the moment it is fine for cleaning ditches but not great for digging
For general work, a 3ft will probably be fine (In hard digging, it will take a lot out of the machine though)
Just make sure the capacity suits a 40. A 3cx/60 bucket will kill that machine, and be plain dangerous.

C45281A1-3448-45CE-BA54-C6E12F829C7F.jpegB3CF183F-512C-40D2-9FD9-579401914908.jpeg
Both buckets of my own,both 3ft 2inch buckets,as i said before make a right digger out of a 40/50,
Not the original digging bucket I bought first for the 40 but replaced that one with this one about a year ago as this one was deeper and able to bring more,
40 will have more digging power than a 50 as the dipper is far shorter but 50 well able for it,i stripped back a site for a house 4/5 weeks ago and in places i had to go 5ft deep to keep level as a sloping site,but at no time would it be dangerous,maybe to someone with inexperience or no cop on but I wouldn’t be stripping back sites every day but would be loading into a dump trailer most weeks with either bucket,
You say your looking for a shoring bucket,i was looking for one about 7/8 years ago and found a new one wasn’t that dear and wasn’t worth buying a second hand one if you had to modify the rear pin to make fit,got one made for about €250 i think.

That looks the perfect size jd-baz, just a quick question about the riddle bucket, is it just for separating stones from clay?

Back