Inside view on running firewood processor !

Discussion in 'Forestry' started by Metsaman, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Metsaman

Metsaman Well-Known Member

Inside view on running firewood processor, cut and split function.. ( HakkiPilke OH 27 )

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
    gone likes this.
  2. Seedsower

Seedsower Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone has experience of a japa 700 processor.
    It seems very similar to the one in the video in the previous post @Metsaman
    There is on on dd in Donegal after appearing yesterday. I have a lot of whitethorn to process and was thinking of getting in someone with a processor but might buy if o thought I was getting value

3. AYF

AYF Well-Known Member

Been thinking of wood processors in the last few days as it happens.
    How straight does the wood need to be?
    Need to fell a lot of ash trees soon. not many straight bits, but can easily cut into smaller lengths of straight ish bits 6-8ft ish. But even then not likely to be as straight as pine.
    Anything better than logging them all!

4. Win

Win Well-Known Member

Had a guy in to do some last winter with a Hakki Pilke I think:unsure:, it needs to be straight really otherwise its hard work tbh. Its quick when its going right but.................Knots play havoc with the splitter or if a piece turns slightly as it drops in to the splitter it gets stuck and you got to start swinging the sledge then. I thought it might be better for the money it was but perhaps i'm being picky! It's one of those things you need to have a lot bigger one than is needed I think!

AYF likes this.