International / Case International

5_zpsw8w8ydvc.jpg

4_zpszt3xvjjj.jpg

3_zpsftbyaeqe.jpg

10_zpspnygrqmx.jpg

11_zpsruv2l0yx.jpg
9_zpstynxg5py.jpg

Just posted them so as we can all enjoy them....................like the hydraulic drop arm.................
she's ready for the vintage scene.............................

Is she missing the hydraulic tank??

Last edited:
I didn't think the extra Hyd oil tank was ever factory fitted ? Just put on by owners themselves to solve lack of oil to tip trailers ?
The 955L I had had a finned aluminium oil tank under the left cab rear, there was a dealer fitment under the left door to increase oil capacity, that aluminium tank is not to be seen on that XL cabbed version.

78hp.we had one years ago.a nice enough tractor for its time but not able for hard work.
Bursting steel hydraulic pipes under the cab was a regular occurrence and not easy to get at

You wouldn't see too many of them with the Secura cab now which is what drew my attention to it.
A horrible cab to get in and out of with the front hinged doors, not a whole pile better once inside as the gear linkage was a bit of a compromise to work with the IH transmission.

A horrible cab to get in and out of with the front hinged doors, not a whole pile better once inside as the gear linkage was a bit of a compromise to work with the IH transmission.

Still in the era of front hinged doors here :lol:, a back window is a luxury.:lol:

I was wondering alright how the gear linkage worked given the extra height of the cab compared to the standard International fare.

Now that you say it, I think it was an option from Sparex :Thumbp2:
The original extra tank was developed and manufactured by Framlingham Tractors in East Anglia, UK, to sort out the problem of premature worn out hudrauilc pumps, in Ireland/UK, from trying to tip twin rammed trailers and converted lorry bodies.

Still in the era of front hinged doors here :lol:, a back window is a luxury.:lol:

I was wondering alright how the gear linkage worked given the extra height of the cab compared to the standard International fare.
Hopped up on one there last year to move it out of the way, took a good 2 minutes to find a gear. Disaster...

Evening, Iv recently bought a 885xl which I have been giving a bit of tlc. Upon changing the hydraulic filter I noticed a considerable about of metal in the filter housing. About a small handful of fairly large (1mm-2mm sized) flakes of metal. Is this a cause for concern or just a sign she's well over due a service?
Thanks j

Evening, Iv recently bought a 885xl which I have been giving a bit of tlc. Upon changing the hydraulic filter I noticed a considerable about of metal in the filter housing. About a small handful of fairly large (1mm-2mm sized) flakes of metal. Is this a cause for concern or just a sign she's well over due a service?
Thanks j
Used have Internationals in the past and would always find a small few filings in the filter housing but a handful sounds a lot, open up the filter paper and see what's in there, any chance of a picture of what you found.

It's all in the bottom of the scrap bin now. The oil came out fairly clean, had to do the brake seals and also found that the friction discs were very concave shaped and couldn't understand how they got like it, they don't look abused, glazed, worn, just bent! It's a tidy tractor to look at but fearing that I may of bought a duffer!

So Iv done the brakes, 4wd shaft and full service. Got it all back together but have no hydraulics what so ever. Does anyone know. Where Iv gone wrong? I haven't got pto either???? Can't think what Iv done to upset it! Any help much appreciated! Thanks

So Iv done the brakes, 4wd shaft and full service. Got it all back together but have no hydraulics what so ever. Does anyone know. Where Iv gone wrong? I haven't got pto either???? Can't think what Iv done to upset it! Any help much appreciated! Thanks
Have you bled the hydraulic system? Crack open one of the hoses on the steering cylinder and then move the steering over and back to bleed it

If that doesn't work,you'll probably need to bleed it at the MCV.Below the filter.
4-steering.jpg

Unscrew plug 30,along with washer 31,remove spring 32 and spool 33. 33 should freely slide out.Put container underneath to catch oil and start engine.A few seconds is enough. Refit removed parts and go.

Back