is beef farming worth it anymore ?

Just done the same calculations on 2 loads sent last week, LMX's gained €1.79/day, BBX's gained €1.70/ day, CHX's gained €1.75/day, SIX's gained €1.64/ day and AAX's €1.77, Pleased enough considering base price had dropped by 30c/kg since the first lot, on the farm an average of 510 days, avg purchase price €765, avg increase in value €909.

Those are very profitable cattle compared to most id say.
what weight were they roughly at purchase ?
They seem to have been bought reasonable,were they bull weanlings or what?

Those are very profitable cattle compared to most id say.
what weight were they roughly at purchase ?
They seem to have been bought reasonable,were they bull weanlings or what?

All bought as bullock yearlings, mostly Feb - April born, 300-330kg ish.

Sent a load of last years yearlings to AIBP earlier in the week, doing a few calculations and apart from a single SIX that came in at €675and made €1888 ( a gain in value of €2.53 every day I had him) worst performer was an AAX gaining €1.69/day, CHX's gaining €1.73/day not helped by the fact I gave too much for them, BBX's gaining €1.83/ day and LMX's gaining €2.01/ day, all got 12c QA bonus and the AAX got 10c breed bonus but -12c for O+3+, on the farm an average of 460 days, avg purchase price €795, avg increase in value €797, no meal fed at any stage just silage from early Nov 'till 15th March.

That works out at €1.73/day for the length you had them. that is good. On just grass & silage they must have left a profit? What carcass weight?

That works out at €1.73/day for the length you had them. that is good. On just grass & silage they must have left a profit? What carcass weight?

Average carcass weight for what I have killed so far this year is 403kg, best was 452kg, worst was 335Kg.

Back