Jay Dee's pics

how come you chopped the straw?
A few reasons....it was badly laid crop, combine leaving big lumps which are fine if dry, but a nightmare if they get wet.

Those fields were going back into winter barley so wanted a quick turnaround.

No demand for straw this year, £10 - £12 a bale off the field, we don't have the shed space so just baled to order....

I know 1 man with most of his gear lying outside cause the sheds are full of unsold straw, we have maybe 100 bales in the shed to sell which is plenty.

Drool, slobber. I love that Davy Brown, and I have absolutely no history with the brand. Drove a few 990s, 995s and 1210 what seems like a lifetime ago now, but that is a beautiful tractor. Smashing pictures, root out a few more.

Drool, slobber. I love that Davy Brown, and I have absolutely no history with the brand. Drove a few 990s, 995s and 1210 what seems like a lifetime ago now, but that is a beautiful tractor. Smashing pictures, root out a few more.
That's all I have, think she was low on oil as struggled to lift light bales.

Forgot about this.....

used to have one of these, a real heap of shyte it was too.

forgot that bit....

15923100216_bdca1c1e5d_c.jpg

15763080847_90c4e8b213_c.jpg

15329177893_a007356526_c.jpg

15763071157_3835728920_c.jpg

Forgot about this.....

used to have one of these, a real heap of shyte it was too.

forgot that bit....

15923100216_bdca1c1e5d_c.jpg

15763080847_90c4e8b213_c.jpg

15329177893_a007356526_c.jpg

15763071157_3835728920_c.jpg
I used to have a 203 engined 165 , gone since 97. I wouldn't be as harsh in my description of it. While it would be a million miles away from either the MF or the JD in your pics, for their time, they weren't a bad old mare. That one would be from the 1st year, maybe 2 of production, the aluminium grab handles on the mud guards are the guide, the headlights would have been the same.
Were most Figaros made in that sickly green? Have seen a couple in a nearly worse looking pink!

I used to have a 203 engined 165 , gone since 97. I wouldn't be as harsh in my description of it. While it would be a million miles away from either the MF or the JD in your pics, for their time, they weren't a bad old mare. That one would be from the 1st year, maybe 2 of production, the aluminium grab handles on the mud guards are the guide, the headlights would have been the same.
Were most Figaros made in that sickly green? Have seen a couple in a nearly worse looking pink!

I presume a Zetor took its place :D:thumbup:

Most were in that colour alright but seen quite a few off white ones too.

We had a useless 165. It didn't stay around for long, got traded in for a 168. Great tractor for years until it was traded in for another great tractor a 390

I presume a Zetor took its place :D:thumbup:

Most were in that colour alright but seen quite a few off white ones too.

Nearly right, Nash. A 1975 Ursus 385, big money job. Nearly finished the repayments :lol: £1100. Still have it.
I don't remember seeing an off white one ever.

Nearly right, Nash. A 1975 Ursus 385, big money job. Nearly finished the repayments [emoji38] £1100. Still have it.
I don't remember seeing an off white one ever.
Well it might be closer to beige [emoji29]

You'd see quite a few of them around Dublin.

I'd wager you got more for the MF than you paid for the Ursus!

Ours was useless, no grip whatsoever, it got stuck once & the 35x pulled it & the trailer out without anyone on the seat. It got stuck often.
Now to be fair to it, it got no maintenance at all, both the lift pump & MP pump were scrap...the pto lever hade broken off & been replaced with a bit of pipe which had to be tied into gear with a bit of twine.....my brother when out rotovating, used to get off at the ends & help lift the rotovator by hand with it still running at full speed :scared::scared:. Thankfully times have changed a bit from 30 odd years ago.

We had a useless 165. It didn't stay around for long, got traded in for a 168. Great tractor for years until it was traded in for another great tractor a 390

Did the 165 have a handbrake issue when your father and Dan were picking stones . That 168 was a great tractor but the best tractor has to be the 135 . Matt upgraded its front axle from the cast one to the new type . I used it to take the rubble and dirt out from under the arches at the back of my house . The same job would be done with a mini digger now .
[MENTION=5570]ex cw[/MENTION]Do you have any old pictures of your farming experiences in the US . I remember your picture of the big grubber fording a river and breaking an axle .

Back