Jersey bull weanlings

saw that ad too, he also takes bvd calves so i,d reckon theres a bit of milking the system going on, how much of a subsidy does the government give on each calf that goes to a knackery ?, i,ve heard 60 euro mentioned but i don,t know if there,s any truth in that though

Always wondered why there was lads so eager for those bvd calves, now I know... don't know why you'd want one within a mile of your yard.

saw that ad too, he also takes bvd calves so i,d reckon theres a bit of milking the system going on, how much of a subsidy does the government give on each calf that goes to a knackery ?, i,ve heard 60 euro mentioned but i don,t know if there,s any truth in that though
I'm assuming he's supplying a feedlot with those calves.

Saw that part of the ad. Didn't realise there was a subsidy to be honest. I hate these type of ads or the ones looking for fallen or injured animals. Give me the creeps for some reason
The subsidy is given for calves collected by the knackery after testing positive for BVD. They must be collected within 3 weeks of the positive test for the higher rate and before 5 weeks for the lower result.

There is a change coming to the time limits though as if you retest a calf, you have to wait 3 weeks for a result so you'll miss out on the higher rate so an extra week should probably be allowed.

That's a local fella . He deals in a lot of calves, rears a good few himself, supplies them to other farmers etc. He's not a messer, I'm surprised If he's involved with bvd . I Know that there was a meat plant in the west "processing" jersey calves last spring. Kebab market.

What about export are they worth anything!!! Considering the worse fr x is making e70 or on around

I'm assuming he's supplying a feedlot with those calves.

The subsidy is given for calves collected by the knackery after testing positive for BVD. They must be collected within 3 weeks of the positive test for the higher rate and before 5 weeks for the lower result.

There is a change coming to the time limits though as if you retest a calf, you have to wait 3 weeks for a result so you'll miss out on the higher rate so an extra week should probably be allowed.
i,m fairly sure the government subsidises the collection of all fallen animals as in the farmer doesn,t pay the complete cost of disposing dead stock, if you think about it how could someone drive 30 or 40 miles pick up a calf bring it back to the yard and dispose of it for 35 euro now i know that bigger stock can yield a good bit of dog food but thats fresh stock and to be honest some of the yokes you,d see in the truck would have to be incinerated

did a bit of googling but the only thing i came up with was the gov paid 26 million euro to the fallen animal scheme in 2008

Is there some new rule about not getting a permit for BVD positive cattle anymore?

I'm not aware of that to be honest.

What about export are they worth anything!!! Considering the worse fr x is making e70 or on around

What are they crossed with? Jersey or Norwegian Red I Presume. I'd be all for getting these poorer calves out of the country but if those are going to the likes of Holland which seem to prefer FR or Ho calves it's not doing our reputation in general much good.

Back