jf 850' s pics

Wonder how any body was able to preserve a Vaxhall Viva , they did have a tendency to melt:whistle:

Wonder how any body was able to preserve a Vaxhall Viva , they did have a tendency to melt:whistle:

People saw how badly the 1st decade of Japanese cars rusted , before they got their act together . But a lot of the UK built stuff from the 70/80s was as bad for rust .
Weren't those Triumphs bad too ?

People saw how badly the 1st decade of Japanese cars rusted , before they got their act together . But a lot of the UK built stuff from the 70/80s was as bad for rust .
Weren't those Triumphs bad too ?
Aye they would be, the number of cars round here now into their teens of years old is quite substantial compared to 70s models.

Fine turn out of machinery there, looks a good show. Is one of the 50's in the pictures yours JF?

Yes Mark. The middle front one with the blue helmet.
Del boy wasnt part of our group . He was parked beside us when we came back . Honda Cameo ? There was a beautiful Daimler 250 parked there when we arrived.
Not a big rally , but a nice mix of stuff.

Nice looking 50, they are a great wee bike. I have one myself, I got great use out of it last summer particularly in the good weather, there is a lovelypub/restaurant a few miles from us called the beach bar, it's all back roads so myself and herself would head down on a Sunday for a bit of lunch and a pint and tip home again after, very enjoyable in the heat to cruise along in the t shirt. There is a bit of a funny story attached to the 50, I got it years ago when I was 16 and used it for a year or so till I got 4 wheels, I then sold it to a man who was fond of a few pints. I heard no more about it till about 15 years later a friend of mine who drives a recovery truck called in one evening looking for me to go with him to the garda station yard in sligo, he had to pick up a car there and there was a fiesta in the way with no keys so he wanted me to help him bounce it out of the way so he could get the other car. Anyway when we got it moved and the other car winched up he went in to sort some paperwork and I was wandering around the yard when I spotted a sorry looking honda 50 lying against the wall. I couldn't believe it when I got close and spotted the number plate, it was my old 50, 228 Di. I went in and explained the story to the guard, he said it was there for years and if I paid the release fee I could have it as they had contacted the owner a few times and he had never come for it. I can't remember how much but I think it was very small , 15 or 20 euro. He told me that some young lads stole the bike when yerman was in the pub in ballisodare and dumped it in the river and it had been recovered from there but he never came for it. When I got it home I cleaned out the carb, cleaned the plug and put in a drop of fresh petrol and away she went!

I had a Honda 50 when I was 16 . £150 I gave for it . I did a Winter Farm School while I had it ', basically a mini Green Cert . My 50 was WFI 454 . Another lad doing the course had another 50 WFI 404.
Something happened the forks of mine and I gave it to a chap about a mile away for parts.
The family bought me the present 50 for a significant birthday . I didn't ride it 50 miles for the first 3 years , until I got in with the rest of the lads . A neighbour has a CD 175 in his garage unused for 35 years now . I got a very vague reply when I asked about it ... Another acquaintance has a beautiful CB 400/4 , but I couldn't see him selling it . A dream bike

A lovely tractor going like a watch ,
But ruined by the colour . Silver on the chassis .

I was wondering if I was seeing it correctly but yes it's the wrong colour! I have one here, have a good bit of mechanical work done to it, front axle to be done next and after that it's cab off and and all cosmetic work then.

It would be the very late 60s when that cab came out their was a 1968 165 near here with the old type one ,I dont think they were in buisness for long after that. The E type was the model.

That Ransomes trailed combine would be a rarity now. Nice reg on the Dexta too :Whistle2:

Looks like a great turnout of Lanz's.

That Ransomes trailed combine would be a rarity now. Nice reg on the Dexta too :Whistle2:

Looks like a great turnout of Lanz's.

An uncle by marriage of the wife had one in a shed the last time.i was there. It cut few acres of barley for himself up to early 00s. It could be 15 years ago . And for that matter , the owner of today's model would live within15 -20 miles of that old man , so is possibly the same combine.

A fantastic sight , and unlikely to be seen in this country again . Talking to a friend of mine , farmer but totally unmechanically or vintage minded , but lives within a mile of the village , asked what sort of moneys worth of Lanzs were on show . No idea , but I put a price of €20 000 on the 1 we were standing beside . New rubber. Paint work would have cost 2 or 3 at least .

An uncle by marriage of the wife had one in a shed the last time.i was there. It cut few acres of barley for himself up to early 00s. It could be 15 years ago . And for that matter , the owner of today's model would live within15 -20 miles of that old man , so is possibly the same combine.

A fantastic sight , and unlikely to be seen in this country again . Talking to a friend of mine , farmer but totally unmechanically or vintage minded , but lives within a mile of the village , asked what sort of moneys worth of Lanzs were on show . No idea , but I put a price of €20 000 on the 1 we were standing beside . New rubber. Paint work would have cost 2 or 3 at least .
Lanz have quite a following I think. ££ wise too.

There were two sold near here at a farm sale. Good 10 yrs ago now. Dragged into the field to be sold.
One had a factory fitted winch which made it rare. Fairly sure it made £7k. Back then 7k would have bought you a very useable working 4wd tractor.

A neighbor of mine had a combine the same as that green self propelled. I think it was an Aktiv but he used to say it was a Volvo. God it was painfully slow he used to spend the whole harvest cutting about forty acres. Thats the first one I have seen since back then.

Back