jf 850' s pics

That 12 yr old was only 10.:scared::speechless:
The lad in question..
69030335_403463496970602_4362611948580241408_n.jpg

@agreid . I never ate the sambos on the table. I got a shock looking for this post . I thought it in jf850s pics , and could have sworn spring 2018 . Couldn't find it , so put in picnic basket , which had lodged in my feeble brain . And it was 2017 .:eek3:
Didn't put any shores in it after cleaning the drain . It got 3000 gallons of slurry twice a year and 2 to 2.5 bags of 18/6/12 plus 1 bag of 24/2.5/10 in each of the 2 years since . It was a godsend in the drought of 2018 . Had a fleece of grass which I strip grazed . I let weanlings out on it today . Looks well , considering it wasn't reserved.
20190905_140011.jpg

This should be there to make sense.
The 2nd attachment in the 2nd lot of the 1 st quote , if that all makes sense .
View attachment 43619 View attachment 43620 He is gone. Very happy with what water is moving . That box shorebstill has as much flow out of it. No wonder it was a swamp with that held up. A lot of stuff to move though. A bit of a rock too.
View attachment 43617 View attachment 43618 View attachment 43619

You will be able to cut silage there in June and that will make a nice picnic table when Mrs. jf brings the basket of sandwiches .

@agreid . I never ate the sambos on the table. I got a shock looking for this post . I thought it in jf850s pics , and could have sworn spring 2018 . Couldn't find it , so put in picnic basket , which had lodged in my feeble brain . And it was 2017 .:eek3:
Didn't put any shores in it after cleaning the drain . It got 3000 gallons of slurry twice a year and 2 to 2.5 bags of 18/6/12 plus 1 bag of 24/2.5/10 in each of the 2 years since . It was a godsend in the drought of 2018 . Had a fleece of grass which I strip grazed . I let weanlings out on it today . Looks well , considering it wasn't reseeded
View attachment 69572

Last edited:
It scrubbed up well ,do the cattle scratch off it .I notice here cattle will bore holes in fields surrounded with fencer wire but would also bulldoze a hedge and round stones half way out the field .

It scrubbed up well ,do the cattle scratch off it .I notice here cattle will bore holes in fields surrounded with fencer wire but would also bulldoze a hedge and round stones half way out the field .

There are plenty of handy trees in that piece of ground suitable as scratching posts .
I have one particular field , that had some shoring done , ploughed and reseeded in 09 ,That dairy cows graze . They have 3 holes rooted in that piece . You could put clay in the hole , but they will root it out again . The field has an electric wire all around it , but has 3 small trees in a corner .

We said we might call to @Blackwater boy today . But with the harvest wrapped up so early in the year , we were told that he had shut up the stately pile , and was taking in the sun in Monte Carlo..
He.must need the rest . What with what weeding and grass cutting he has to do on 70 acres of gardens :lol:.
I said I'd pick him , as @Bog Man usually gets mentioned in these circumstances. And it's nor a millions miles from BBs turf.

And a car I haven't seen one of in at least 30 years.20190908_200800.jpg
20190908_163925.jpg 20190908_163621.jpg 20190908_161023.jpg 20190908_160609.jpg 20190908_155832.jpg 20190908_154911.jpg

For those who might be interested , anddon't know where that is .
Mount Congreve Gardens . And the Waterford Greenway passes by it , as well as a narrow gauge railway . About 7 km outside Waterford City . Well worth visiting , if you like that sort of thing .
20190908_160609.jpg

I found this photo in an aunts photo album . She died 3 weeks ago , aged 92 and emigrated to England 73 years ago. My father often talks of driving this tractor in his youth , but I never saw any sort of photo of it before . It was a Saunderson Model G , and was built in 1919 , we think . Itself and a Peacock portable steam engine were sold for scrap in the late 50s by long deceased uncles of my father , for he thinks £50 . A criminal sin. :tdown:. The chap standing at the front wheel was 85 last month.
Sorry but it seems sideways.
20191014_153407.jpg

I found this photo in an aunts photo album . She died 3 weeks ago , aged 92 and emigrated to England 73 years ago. My father often talks of driving this tractor in his youth , but I never saw any sort of photo of it before . It was a Saunderson Model G , and was built in 1919 , we think . Itself and a Peacock portable steam engine were sold for scrap in the late 50s by long deceased uncles of my father , for he thinks £50 . A criminal sin. :tdown:. The chap standing at the front wheel was 85 last month.
Sorry but it seems sideways.
View attachment 70763
You haven't changed a bit

I had a picture of an old hayshed in an relatives place that I found the plans of from the late 1800's. Probably what your thinking of JF?.

That is what I was thinking of . But I had some idea that there was talk of starting a thread on Haysheds/Nameplates of same ?

That plate I took the picture of wouldnt be far from your relative. In a lane just after Billy Hs.

I said I d take @Peter s advice and get a wider pickup off a 900.....Mint condition.
View attachment 78338

It's hard to beat the aquirance of a bit of fresh machinery that's ready to go............:rolleyes2::thumbup:

Very fresh. Hmm.

The ould tinworm have a fair hoult on it.
Will you get what you want off it ?

A lad about a mile away deals in some machinery in his scarce spare time . Either 2 or 3 years ago he told me he had acquired the 900 on a deal , was it any use to me for small money . I took a quick look , saw the rusty auger , and declined .
I took the chute and spout of my own harvester to a fabricator a month ago , and nothing done to it since. I said I would tip up and have another look at the 900. Met him in the yard , told him my mission . He wanted rid of it out of his way .

The base of the chute was replaced at some stage with a new one , the chute itself had a piece tastefully pieced in on the corner from top to bottom . 2 rams and hoses for the spout and chute , the gearbox and a full set of blades . Surprisingly, the pickup is not as rusty as it looks . The auger is as rotten as is possible to get rotten .
If I get 10 blades from it , I am in profit .:rolleyes2:

So I should get plenty of pickings.

He didn't have the wide angle shaft for the front . I did ask . @humungus .

Well wear jf![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Back