John Deere 2650

mmooney

I have a John deere 2650 .It needed a few repairs (head gasket),(seized clutch due to lying up for years).Thes i have done but now there is a noise from backend when in reverse.I believe cab must come off and gearbox out
Any thoughts?

Needle roller bearing.if possible get an experienced man to do it as they aren't that simple. Be prepared to replace the transmission pump while you are in there.
Not a simple or cheap job

I have a John deere 2650 .It needed a few repairs (head gasket),(seized clutch due to lying up for years).Thes i have done but now there is a noise from backend when in reverse.I believe cab must come off and gearbox out
Any thoughts?

Don't know much about them, but is there any sort of a lid on the gearbox in them? If so, you might be able to get a look in before removing the cab

Did it with a fiat 780 one time. Cut an inspection hole in the floor and lifted the lid to look at the bearings. It ended up the cab had to be removed as the shaft the bearing was gone on had to be removed from the rear of the box.

If you had a workshop manual, you could then be better placed to see which way the shaft would come out.

Given that the gears are out to one side in the 2650, I'm not sure that may be an option. All in all, it's not a simple job and I would be wary of taking on with it if I was not well equipped.

What would most economical way be ,any guidance appreciated
There is no economical way unless you can do it yourself which is unlikely to be a practical solution unless you have experience
Kevin o Keefe in mountrath Is the man for the job.wont rob you but it's a big job.
They are great tractors when going well but not simple when the backend gives trouble

There is no economical way unless you can do it yourself which is unlikely to be a practical solution unless you have experience
Kevin o Keefe in mountrath Is the man for the job.wont rob you but it's a big job.
They are great tractors when going well but not simple when the backend gives trouble
Thank you Seedsower for guidance. I went to Kevin and he did the job. I was very happy and tractor is going again. He was very sound and he had some used parts which kept cost down. It was still not cheap but no fault of Kevin's
The backend had a lot of work done
Thanks again

Thank you Seedsower for guidance. I went to Kevin and he did the job. I was very happy and tractor is going again. He was very sound and he had some used parts which kept cost down. It was still not cheap but no fault of Kevin's
The backend had a lot of work done
Thanks again

Always good to hear back how a member got on after posting about an issue that they had even if it has been costly for them

it is now started bursting hyd filters
everything connected correctly (i think)
Any ideas????

There could be a blocked or stuck pressure relief valve somewhere along the line causing it to over pressure. I seen before after replacing a hydraulic pump on a mf the remains of the old pump had blocked the pressure relief valve, luckily it only sheared a woodruff key holding the gear to the shaft of the pump.

Why do i get a feeling a pressure pipe has been connected to a return causing a overload or a restricion of some sort on the return causing a pressure build up for filter to blow off. Is filter bursting or coming off on the threads?

i recon the loader is not plumbed correctly
it needs to be returned through the big nut on the main filter bowl
i think as he's dropping the loader the pressure/flow spike is bursting the spool return filter

Back