John Deere 6810/6910

had a 6910 was a great tractor gone now miss it now. head gasket at 8000 hrs there was 10500 hrs when we changed it no other trouble really ,cross shaft does wear badly on the deeres old and new .have a 6820 [2002} head gasket at 10000 hrs also brakes and wheel bearings done twice small cost when done in house other than that no trouble but it has no power compaired to 6910.even chipped it buy 20 hp and more torque small differnce but never happy with engine, it now has 128000 hrs and should have kept 10 and sold 20.dont know alot about later model 20s but different engine so should be better.

:ohmy::ohmy:hard worked tractor

had a 6910 was a great tractor gone now miss it now. head gasket at 8000 hrs there was 10500 hrs when we changed it no other trouble really ,cross shaft does wear badly on the deeres old and new .have a 6820 [2002} head gasket at 10000 hrs also brakes and wheel bearings done twice small cost when done in house other than that no trouble but it has no power compaired to 6910.even chipped it buy 20 hp and more torque small differnce but never happy with engine, it now has 128000 hrs and should have kept 10 and sold 20.dont know alot about later model 20s but different engine so should be better.

Wow, that's nearly 15 years working non stop, didn't think 20 series was around that long:lol:

Id say if your getting it for round £25k go for it, by 06 i think most of the teething problems of the 6020 series would be long gone. Been on the look out for a 6820 myself but just haven't came across the right one to suit yet. Auto Quad is a good box too

www.monatractors.co.uk local dealer, has one with tls, 6000 hrs mind

headcase said:
:ohmy::ohmy:hard worked tractor

There to be worked not looked at the doesn't do as much anymore but 2 main tractors doing 1500 to 2000 hrs a year , have to pay for themselves !?!??

daglawn said:
Wow, that's nearly 15 years working non stop, didn't think 20 series was around that long:lol:

Opps 12000!!!!!!! She is the first of them to hav same engine as 10 series but it's not in it have a 6800 that pulls better than it .

tractor arrived the other day, 10 minuites before the head gasket on my 6420 gave up in the middle of my uncles silage!!! timing all round!!

heck of a tractor so far, has the economy top gear, 40kmh at 2000 rpm, rather than 2500, hard to get over flicking into top gear and hearing the engine rev down!!

tractor arrived the other day, 10 minuites before the head gasket on my 6420 gave up in the middle of my uncles silage!!! timing all round!!

heck of a tractor so far, has the economy top gear, 40kmh at 2000 rpm, rather than 2500, hard to get over flicking into top gear and hearing the engine rev down!!

soon bypass that:whistling:

good luck, well wear hi.

what tractor did ya buy again, save me looking back like.

Well wear :thumbup: That the 6620 you were on about that you bought ?

yup the 6620, sent the day buckraking with her, 10 tine grays buckrake, also new to us, best one that's been here for years!! never been able to catch up as easily, got the load up and mostly rolled between each load, 10 and 12 tonner carrying from a mengele sh40n on a 150hp NH. completely different beast to the 6610 or 6420 really!

got around 55 acres done, not huge crop but bigger than our usual, moving to another 40od acres tomorow if the weather holds!! not sure how much of it Ill get in as the crop in that block is bigger than our usual!

Can anyone help me with a john deere 6910s,the spool valve wont stay in the float position?Thanks for any replys

I think there is a control knob that you turn to set it for float, can also be set for the lever to stay pumping, look out the back window and you will see it above the hydraulic fittings

I never used a fusion, but i presume its to drive the wrapper if so yes it will work, we use it that way on a 6620 when wrapping

The 6000 series had flow control knobs that only rotated a single turn between "hare" and "tortoise", not sure about the 10s but the 20s onwards had flow control knobs that wound in 4 or 5 turns between hare and tortoise.

We had problems with the spools jamming on a 6620, was almost like the cable was snagging and the lever would go tight and lock up. Turned out there was a problem with the sealing rings on the spools which would swell up under pressure and jam the spool in the bore. Sent it back to the dealer for new o rings and it was fine after that

I did have all the spools to bits myself once, JD dealers had this annoying habit of pipeing the front linkage up to the third spool, which had fixed detent and no flow control on it, which meant the linkage was always at full speed and the lever never centered when you let go of it.

I stripped all the quick release couplers off, and moved the front links pipes onto the first spool, which had all the adjustable functions, then when i had something light on the front i could cut the flow down and it would come up at a sensible speed instead of flying up like merry hell

Another thing i did on that tractor (after i got sick of burning my hands constantly) was move the toolbox from the rediculous position on the offside under the exhaust (why the hell the idiots put it there when you always get out the OTHER SIDE of the cab i will never know) I fabricated a bracket and fixed it in front of the fuel tank, where it should have been originally IMO

cant adjust the ones on this tractor..anyone on here wit a zuidberg front pto older version cant get it 2 turn off, e1 comes uo on digital display,ive no manual????

cant adjust the ones on this tractor..anyone on here wit a zuidberg front pto older version cant get it 2 turn off, e1 comes uo on digital display,ive no manual????

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say that the solenoid has jammed on that operates it, I'll have a look at our 6810/6910 when I'm back in the yard next week but there should be some wires going into the pto unit somewhere around the back/top of it, try unplugging them and see what happens or even look in the fuse box in the tractor and remove the fuse to it if there is a seperate one and see what that does.

Sold said hours were high made €15k was supposed to be clean enough

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Back