John Deere

I hope those tracked machines aren't involved in harvesting spuds....? The tow chains caught my eye too......

I hope those tracked machines aren't involved in harvesting spuds....? The tow chains caught my eye too......

if i showed ya any more photos i think it would turn your stomach [MENTION=2524]CORK[/MENTION] [emoji4] diggers were for puttin in a hardcore base at the gate!

Here we run only two tractors nd the higher houred one let us down a couple of times this summer so we have been debating a new tractor of two 3-4k hour tractors
Cvx or t6080s maybe even 7530 nd 6930.
We need a 180+hp tractor nd another 165 plus hp.
I'm leaning towards the two tractors the old man wants a new tractor nd hire in man and tractor for another.
Putting over 1k hours a year I think I'd like to be doing it in a new yoke if it was justifiable.
To add to that we bought the 415 new nd luckly have had no issues in 4000 hours whereas the 718 has annoyed us to the point where we should have bought a cheaper new tractor instead of paying the higher price for a second hand fendt.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Is the 8410 a Dublin reg by any chance? Plough and tractor look very familiar.

Not sure but it came from Meath or Dublin I think, it was on done deal last spring. The plough came from up in Leinster farm I'm pretty sure, it hadn't a whole lot of work done

A video of the JD8410 in action taken by Declan Sexton.
Turn up the volume one this one :lol::lol::thumbup::thumbup:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-TFpJzblnA[/ame]

if i showed ya any more photos i think it would turn your stomach [MENTION=2524]CORK[/MENTION] [emoji4] diggers were for puttin in a hardcore base at the gate!

You jinxed it last week saying that things were going nearly too well then :D:D

What size gate was it that it needed two tracked machines :eek:

Here we run only two tractors nd the higher houred one let us down a couple of times this summer so we have been debating a new tractor of two 3-4k hour tractors
Cvx or t6080s maybe even 7530 nd 6930.
We need a 180+hp tractor nd another 165 plus hp.
I'm leaning towards the two tractors the old man wants a new tractor nd hire in man and tractor for another.
Putting over 1k hours a year I think I'd like to be doing it in a new yoke if it was justifiable.
To add to that we bought the 415 new nd luckly have had no issues in 4000 hours whereas the 718 has annoyed us to the point where we should have bought a cheaper new tractor instead of paying the higher price for a second hand fendt.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Is there much hours on the 716?@john415

The 6420 (premium) has decided she wants to have some electrical gremlins!
Window wiper first of all. Has stopped working completely. Obvious things are fine (eg fuses!)
For some time it hasn't (occasionally) been switching off properly , as in still wipes every now and then after turning the wiper as far off as it will go. Only cure is switch tractor off, fine for a while after.
So where should I be looking before calling in the mechanic? Anywhere obvious to go?
Have already taped up wires at the back pillar this spring, so can rule that out.

next thing is battery light comes on and flashes every now and then, started doing it same time as the wiper went! Has done it a few weeks now, and she's been starting on the button every time, so guessing it's lying!!

Headlights have also given up the ghost, once again fuses fine, gone the same time so doubting bulbs is the issue, but not checked yet either! Front work lights work, back work lights haven't worked for a while, but unexpectedly came on one day not long ago! Can't remember but I don't think the main light switch was even on!!

On a side note, very occasionally the indicators won't switch off! cure for it is to put hazards on and off. That doesn't worry me, but wonder is it linked? That has been happening for years!

Reading myself typing I'm thinking rubbed wires in the steering column! ??????

The 6420 (premium) has decided she wants to have some electrical gremlins!
Window wiper first of all. Has stopped working completely. Obvious things are fine (eg fuses!)
For some time it hasn't (occasionally) been switching off properly , as in still wipes every now and then after turning the wiper as far off as it will go. Only cure is switch tractor off, fine for a while after.
So where should I be looking before calling in the mechanic? Anywhere obvious to go?
Have already taped up wires at the back pillar this spring, so can rule that out.

next thing is battery light comes on and flashes every now and then, started doing it same time as the wiper went! Has done it a few weeks now, and she's been starting on the button every time, so guessing it's lying!!

Headlights have also given up the ghost, once again fuses fine, gone the same time so doubting bulbs is the issue, but not checked yet either! Front work lights work, back work lights haven't worked for a while, but unexpectedly came on one day not long ago! Can't remember but I don't think the main light switch was even on!!

On a side note, very occasionally the indicators won't switch off! cure for it is to put hazards on and off. That doesn't worry me, but wonder is it linked? That has been happening for years!

Reading myself typing I'm thinking rubbed wires in the steering column! ??????
Could be the ecu kicking up?

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

The wiper and indicator thing as far as I remember is quite common and isint really a sign of anything. I'm with jd6920 and the Ecu, our 6810 has lights issues and no wipers and horn so mechanic says Ecu

The wiper and indicator thing as far as I remember is quite common and isint really a sign of anything. I'm with jd6920 and the Ecu, our 6810 has lights issues and no wipers and horn so mechanic says Ecu

Horn works. Clinging to a small thread of hope that that is a good thing!!:D

When we say ecu, we mean the brain of the damn machine do we?

And I'm guessing brains are ££££ to replace???

I actually don't know, it's our back lights that aren't working so other than that it's working away but I'll get it looked into soon so no answer sorry. Wires up the back of the cab are often a cause of gremlins but you taught of that so I'm out of ideas sorry

I actually don't know, it's our back lights that aren't working so other than that it's working away but I'll get it looked into soon so no answer sorry. Wires up the back of the cab are often a cause of gremlins but you taught of that so I'm out of ideas sorry

Mechanic it is then. :D:D

Will give the lads at the dealer a call to see what's what!

Horn works. Clinging to a small thread of hope that that is a good thing!!:D

When we say ecu, we mean the brain of the damn machine do we?

And I'm guessing brains are ££££ to replace???
Yeah the ecu is the brain tink they cost about 2k and have to be coded In with a laptop.
I wouldn't go buying an ecu on what I've said tho wires are tricky and it could be alot of things.
Unlikely all the relays have failed at once.
It didn't get wet in the fuse board did it.
Or did anyone go crazy with a power washer on it?

That's a strange one.
U could try a new wiper switch

Check ur bulbs then check for power to lamp back to the switch check each side of that. Back to fuse.

Wires could be chaffed were they are going thru somewhere like our of the cab.

Best of luck with it could be the simplest fix ever or u could spend days and be no wiser.

www.southeasthorseboxrepairs.ie

Yeah the ecu is the brain tink they cost about 2k and have to be coded In with a laptop.
I wouldn't go buying an ecu on what I've said tho wires are tricky and it could be alot of things.
Unlikely all the relays have failed at once.
It didn't get wet in the fuse board did it.
Or did anyone go crazy with a power washer on it?

There's some good news!!:thumbdown:

Would rain coming in the back window be enough to bugger it?
Father has a bad habit of not closing it!! And as with most 20 series, the cover of the fuses won't latch properly any more due to regular inspection of fuses!!

There's some good news!![emoji107]

Would rain coming in the back window be enough to bugger it?
Father has a bad habit of not closing it!! And as with most 20 series, the cover of the fuses won't latch properly any more due to regular inspection of fuses!!
If it got enough water down there it would cause some bother yes.
As nick says you could spend and awful long time looking or you could get sorted in a short amount of time.

Back