Jr perry

stevieg

I see their kilkenny branch is closed. In these days of dealers having a number of depots anyone know whats going on ?

I see their kilkenny branch is closed. In these days of dealers having a number of depots anyone know whats going on ?

Heard that been closing a good while ago. Heard a good few story's about Perrys in Athy as well that don't sound promising. Also notice in Athy they don't have the new holland oil anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have thought that Perrys in Athy would have sold a lot of machinery every year - a loyal following in a great agricultural area. Of course, sales volumes may have nothing to do with it.

Best not speculate too much lads.

Perrys are a long established dealer especially for Ford and NH.

Certainly down this way they have a very good reputation.

Another nh dealer not too far away selling ex hire tractors into the area is probably not helping

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Think they have lost a lot to Kellys on the tillage side , I know we enquired on a tractor last year with a salesman we dealt with before and still waiting . They would be in an area with a lot of big farms and farmers who keep new and fresh machinery which meant easy sales

Are those my feet

There are plenty of stories going around about them, im not too far from them in athy.

Best not to take them in, as there a long established family business and I would hate to see them lose the new Holland dealership.

Since it is their premises I would hope if there is any trouble that NH would help them along.

Then again I hope its all crap the stories going around and just a few rumors lads started :no::no:

Was over in athy today getting parts for the combine. See some haulage company has taken over the back yard. Very little machinery over there now.
Sad to see

I hear on the jungle telegraph that Enniscorthy Motor Co are opening a branch in Cillian Hill, Kilkenny, any truth in it?

I hear on the jungle telegraph that Enniscorthy Motor Co are opening a branch in Cillian Hill, Kilkenny, any truth in it?

That's been going a while and confirmed in the Journal for a while. The location was unknown though.

Sad to see what was once a busy dealership get so quiet. Always got excellent service there and I agree with ugo Brendan was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

I would have said the service was very hit and miss. Was often in and felt I was a burden in them. Also booking jobs into the workshop could be a hardship at times.

Still sad to see it how it is now but the mechanics still seem busy

IMG_1243.JPG IMG_1241.JPG
I would have said the service was very hit and miss. Was often in and felt I was a burden in them. Also booking jobs into the workshop could be a hardship at times.

Brian is the service man there now , he moved up from Kilkenny. Seems to be on top of it all and there. Kept busy at combines . I gave him a frightbthe other eve when I dropped down the 8730 to be put together.

I would of said the same about the sales dept, went in more than once to do buisness and was left walk out the door with a promise of a phone call! I know they had a great reputation but i cant say iv ever seen it, come to think of it the last time i was in there i was priceing a clutch for a tractor, i bought it off the man in tullamore for a third of the price

Would miss the place if it was gone but going there a lot less than I used to due to the service. Have went a number of times and they didn't have simple things like a drum of oil or a filter.
Went one time in January to order parts for the combine. They didn't have them but said it be 3 days. Fair enough. Ring after 3 days still no sign of them and he not even sure when they be in. He said I won't be cutting today or tomorrow. No I wouldn't be but once spring comes I am to busy to do maintenance work on my own farm due to work. Rang after a week and same story. Still no parts and not sure when they be in. Was told they ring me when they are in. Waited another 3 days and heard nothing so ordered on line from a place in England. Even including postage they were cheaper and had them in 2 days. Perrys rang 3 and half weeks after I ordered them to say they arrived. Told them to keep them

I find Brian in the garage very friendly and very helpful and found the garage in general quick enough at getting a tractor out of it was in bother

I served my time with a tillage farmer from near athy back in 00 as part of my green cert and he was all nh. Place was a hive of activity back then and packed with machinery. Passed that way last year and there was very little around the yard.

I don't think its any harm here to nominate Brendan Curtis from their stores for a services to agriculture award. A more expert and knowledgable man on everything blue ever sold would be hard to find, and a gentleman to boot.
They also had an excellent man in Pat Buggy when Kilkenny was operating, wasn't much he didn't know of NH harvesters for grass or corn.

My father bought the 5600 that's still here new in February 1976 in Perry's. For £4100. Should have bought a couple .
I think Jim Kelly ? Was the salesman . It was a buzzing place at that time.
The last time I was there could be 7 or 8 yrs ago. John Perry was dead anyway . Sad even then . Some of the original site had been sold for development. Not much stock even then.
There was a great man there at lift covers , Brendan Sourke I think ?

My father bought the 5600 that's still here new in February 1976 in Perry's. For £4100. Should have bought a couple .
I think Jim Kelly ? Was the salesman . It was a buzzing place at that time.
The last time I was there could be 7 or 8 yrs ago. John Perry was dead anyway . Sad even then . Some of the original site had been sold for development. Not much stock even then.
There was a great man there at lift covers , Brendan Sourke I think ?
Sourke is gifted alright. Jimmy Kelly was there until quite recently. It seemed like they had a group of local customers that they looked after and who looked after them. Anything outside that seemed to be incidental.

We had a clutch replaced by them a few yrs ago and unfortunately discovered after that shaws were half the price. We still do a bit there but the competition has killed them

I'm afraid the present management has run the business into the ground for the last 20 years which is sad as they were a big dealer in there time. Weren't they vaderstadt and twose importers too ?
They used to have a chip on there shoulder if you were getting parts for a machine that you didn't buy from them which was strange
I used to go to there Kilkenny depot as pat buggy was so knowledgable even though athy was a lot nearer.

My late uncle bought a new Class super Junior Trailed combine harvester from john Perry in 1963. john was starting out at that time. He delivered the combine with a Ferguson 20.
and took back an earlier Class trailed harvester. It was a journey of 40 odd miles , each way . He was glad to get the sale, and my uncle bought several tractors from him from then until the mid 70s.
unfortunately , your first line seems very true , @stevieg . only so long that can continue.

Have NH lost interest in Ireland? Jd and Mf seem way more interested in selling tractors. Just what I observed in the last two years and I had always bought NH but not the last two.

Have NH lost interest in Ireland? Jd and Mf seem way more interested in selling tractors. Just what I observed in the last two years and I had always bought NH but not the last two.

Far from it around here anyway, in fact I'd say they have significantly grown their market share.

Back