Jr perry

Jesus with all this swapping and changing and speculation I think I’ll throw me hat into the ring and become a dealer ,seems to me like farm hand would rather deal with one big super dealer like cooney furlong I don’t know if that’s such a great idea from a customer point of view so if I want to buy an Amozone spinner for example any where from Waterford to Dublin I’d have to go to same mentioned case IH dealer

I heard there are going to be no dealers and all tractors will be bought online .
Nearly getting that way, it's that hard to get a demo or even a price now sure what's the point in a dealer.
They don't stock parts or even machinery now either and i could order parts off a computer as well as them.
Put about 50 mechanics in tullamore to cover the whole country they'll be at your yard in 2 or 3 hours, order parts on an app streamline the whole operation

Nearly getting that way, it's that hard to get a demo or even a price now sure what's the point in a dealer.
They don't stock parts or even machinery now either and i could order parts off a computer as well as them.
Put about 50 mechanics in tullamore to cover the whole country they'll be at your yard in 2 or 3 hours, order parts on an app streamline the whole operation
Then you'll have lads complaining about not wanting to pay from the time he leaves tullamore until he gets back.

I’d like to see a app that has as much information(and interaction) about tractor parts as John and ronan.

Another rumour is Cooney Furlong is getting Farmhand (Amazone, Krone...)

On the New Holland side heard one say Foster and Murphy’s will be covering EMCs area although I don’t think this is official yet and only heard via a contractor.

First part of the above was confirmed yesterday.

Would Donohoe's be able to service the Hegarty's Deutz customers from Enniscorthy or might there be a chance they would open a branch again in Carlow or Kilkenny to take up the slack?
With the dealer changes I'm wondering will there be movement of personnel, especially mechanic/technicians, with the brands?

Would Donohoe's be able to service the Hegarty's Deutz customers from Enniscorthy or might there be a chance they would open a branch again in Carlow or Kilkenny to take up the slack?
With the dealer changes I'm wondering will there be movement of personnel, especially mechanic/technicians, with the brands?
Did donohoes not try a branch in Kilkenny before , I know Hegarty’s we’re still going at the time .when Deutz made a decision to take away deutz from IAM I think it has hit there sales and back up in Ireland.

Did donohoes not try a branch in Kilkenny before , I know Hegarty’s we’re still going at the time .when Deutz made a decision to take away deutz from IAM I think it has hit there sales and back up in Ireland.

Aye, Donohoe's had a branch where Hegarty's are now, they closed it around the time they lost MF/Fendt.

Aye, Donohoe's had a branch where Hegarty's are now, they closed it around the time they lost MF/Fendt.
didnt realise hegartys were in there,remember looking at a tractor in it years ago,hadnt perry a branch on the way into it,or who was it there on the corner?

didnt realise hegartys were in there,remember looking at a tractor in it years ago,hadnt perry a branch on the way into it,or who was it there on the corner?
Aye Perrys had a branch on the left as you turned into that industrial estate. Their gone from it for a long time now.

There's an opportunity in all this, a good solid dealership providing a stock of parts and good back up service, creating a more competitive market for all buyers is what is required.
Both vaderstad and New Holland have lost out on sales in recent years for want of a strong committed dealership.
A solution is there if the will is there.

Last edited:

Hegarty's aren't in Kilkenny city but out the Carlow road about 5 miles from the Dublin road roundabout

Will there be any issue with them carrying vaderstad alongside Amazone? Some amount of vaderstads sold up this way before the agency was taken from perrys. KOB and Horsch have been the big winners ever since.

Some lines no doubt but there's probably some sort of agreement there on that. It will be interesting to see what the ramifications of this for other Farmhand dealers in the county here.

This is probably not the end of the news on this I bet! On your last sentence you could say all of Leinster in that.

It's common knowledge that Hegarty's are going Massey. The dealers involved are saying it themselves so what's the problem? Is there really need to be getting spiteful about it?

This was confirmed today as well with immediate effect. As Well As a realignment of Kehoe's area which I presume Is the fancy way of saying that MF's won't be traded In their Tullow branch.

This was confirmed today as well with immediate effect. As Well As a realignment of Kehoe's area which I presume Is the fancy way of saying that MF's won't be traded In their Tullow branch.

Are Kehoes keeping MF in Camolin? If they are why take it off them in Tullow? I would have thought it'd be better for MF to be only dealing with one big dealer rather than 2 smaller ones plus the experience already built up with mechanics.

Are Kehoes keeping MF in Camolin? If they are why take it off them in Tullow? I would have thought it'd be better for MF to be only dealing with one big dealer rather than 2 smaller ones plus the experience already built up with mechanics.
Kehoes have not been serving the Tullow area well at all.

Never knew that and I haven't heard anyone say either good or bad about the service. Would they not be at risk of loosing Fendt so?
Their last 2 salesmen in Tullow quite and they haven't had a salesman in Tullow for well over 2 years.
I wanted to buy a 2nd hand trade in they had in Tullow im '14 a lovely 415 traded in by a next door neighbour of @dmaxman, they sent it to Portugal without telling me.

Back