KT Winter Barley Field.

Never mind pulling it, I'm surprised she can lift it. How old is the plough, the modern Lemken are a heavy bit of kit

You'd know it's on alright but well able for it, it's an older plough, non sprung and no discs so that helps. Doesn't struggle pulling it but then again not going very deep as only for cereals.

It's probably what JD called a high lift version, there were 2 specs available in terms of lift capacity, has your fil not got a Deutz Dx in there somewhere @candor ?

It's probably what JD called a high lift version, there were 2 specs available in terms of lift capacity, has your fil not got a Deutz Dx in there somewhere @candor ?

Yes, it's a high lift version (i.e. it has assistor rams).

He has a dx 6.05 as well yes, uses that for drilling as it has higher lift capacity.

Comparing a KV es95 with no.28s, full sprung and disced, (usually :lol:), with a twin roller triple tined Packomat, covering 3 to 4 acres an hour, to a standard plough is a bit like comparing a SP silage harvester with grain cracker to a double chop. while the 6490 has too much power all of it's weight is needed especially when ploughing on hilly ground like it was in the KT field. It is a monster of a plough, the JD6910 that use to plough with it is no longer able for it since the new Packomat was put on it, the Deutz is also no more than able to handle it and would be dangerous on that ground.
I will give €200 cash to anyone with a 120/130hp tractor that can lift that plough carry it to that field and turn it over twice on the bad sidebrows on the headlands.

Comparing a KV es95 with no.28s, full sprung and disced, (usually :lol:), with a twin roller triple tined Packomat, covering 3 to 4 acres an hour, to a standard plough is a bit like comparing a SP silage harvester with grain cracker to a double chop. while the 6490 has too much power all of it's weight is needed especially when ploughing on hilly ground like it was in the KT field. It is a monster of a plough, the JD6910 that use to plough with it is no longer able for it since the new Packomat was put on it, the Deutz is also no more than able to handle it and would be dangerous on that ground.
I will give €200 cash to anyone with a 120/130hp tractor that can lift that plough carry it to that field and turn it over twice on the bad sidebrows on the headlands.
Will you organise transport for the challenge as well??? :wink:

3-4 acres per hour would be pretty impressive going

Was thinking the same thing. What width sod do you plough @gone ??

That explains your output. You're flying it. I was always told by an older generation that you're not cutting the sod across the full width of the plough when working at widths above 16". Saying that, I usually push it out to 18".

That explains your output. You're flying it. I was always told by an older generation that you're not cutting the sod across the full width of the plough when working at widths above 16". Saying that, I usually push it out to 18".
The no.28's do a good job inverting the sod even at 20", the no8's give up around 18".
But you would do slightly better work at 16", I always think 16" is the ideal width if time and money was not a factor.

Back