Kuhn axis fertilizer spreaders

J

John kverneland

Im looking to upgrade to a better spreader, mainly because im fed up of different type fertilizers flowing faster/slower, Its just gone too expensive not to be getting it right, currently own a zax amazone. Im looking at the kuhn as it seems a very well made spreader and it comes with a weighing system and a monitor. Any one here have one? Im looking for user reviews, thanks in advance, john.

have you thought about a bogballe?

If you are not set on a kuhn,you should consider a bogballe as JD baz said, probably one of the simplest and more accurate spreaders out there, in my opinion anyhow:001_smile:

what are the abbey spinner spreaders like, anyone using one?

for an Irish farmer who isn't spreading huge quantities at once they have a single hopper that seems like a good idea in my book

what are the abbey spinner spreaders like, anyone using one?

for an Irish farmer who isn't spreading huge quantities at once they have a single hopper that seems like a good idea in my book

They don't spread to 12m - only 11m.

Im looking to upgrade to a better spreader, mainly because im fed up of different type fertilizers flowing faster/slower, Its just gone too expensive not to be getting it right, currently own a zax amazone. Im looking at the kuhn as it seems a very well made spreader and it comes with a weighing system and a monitor. Any one here have one? Im looking for user reviews, thanks in advance, john.

"we" have a KHUN Axis 30.1 with hopper extensions, our man flint uses it to apply all our fert, CAN, compound, straights, fibro-phos (to be honest that was helping the big trailed spreader as we where desperate to chuck it on, he even put calcified seaweed on with it.. it is (in his opinion) a lot better than the lely centerliner it replaced 6 years ago, its just done its 7th season 9less autumn use this year)
its had new vanes and brushes,
the boss didn't go for the weigh cell option, but will have it if/when we upgrade, it has a very good headland control function, calibrates easy, is accurate and the book(s) tha come with it make setting it up very easy

all of this is as I have observed it as I aint used it meself, I do the odd bit of fert on theapple trees with a 2 year old vicon wagtail..... (not to difficult to make an arse of tha job...

the KHUN does all fert on about 1000 acs of cereal, spuds, grass, maize, we certainlt have no complaints.

it gets washed after use and oiled up, as yousay fert is too expensive to just chuck it on, dunno what a new would be 9K ??? upwards maybe more if you have cells and full isobus control and field mapping,, I think you can link them up to greenstar or star fire ?

We used to have a bogballe and changed it to a kuhn and I'm counting the days until we can get another bogballe. The first kuhn we had was so bad they had to take it back and give us another the replacement has been faultless but kuhn's attitude with the first one means we wont have another.

Anyone change the agitator in their Kuhn spreader one way bearing is gone need too change it is there a roll pin holding it before I go yanking at it with a bearing pullers.

Anyone change the agitator in their Kuhn spreader one way bearing is gone need too change it is there a roll pin holding it before I go yanking at it with a bearing pullers.
Is that same as a Rauch, if so there is a pin that it locks onto.

Yea it's a rauch I have where is the pin?
The pin is through the shaft that carries the agitator, agitator drops down over it and take a small turn against the direction of rotation to lock it on, what happens if you don't take it off after every use is it get full of fertilizer and corrosion and binds to the shaft, nearly impossible to get off,I had to do similar bearing in mine last year and had to undo the top of the gearbox and lift the hopper complete with top gearbox plate, the shaft and pinion, then drift the pinion above its keyway, remove the bottom circlip and keyway and the drift off the pinion, I was then able to get gas at the back of the agitator and free it off the shaft, bit of work to it, however if yours is a later version it might have a plastic agitator in which case you can cut part way through it and split it off and get a new one.

The pin is through the shaft that carries the agitator, agitator drops down over it and take a small turn against the direction of rotation to lock it on, what happens if you don't take it off after every use is it get full of fertilizer and corrosion and binds to the shaft, nearly impossible to get off,I had to do similar bearing in mine last year and had to undo the top of the gearbox and lift the hopper complete with top gearbox plate, the shaft and pinion, then drift the pinion above its keyway, remove the bottom circlip and keyway and the drift off the pinion, I was then able to get gas at the back of the agitator and free it off the shaft, bit of work to it, however if yours is a later version it might have a plastic agitator in which case you can cut part way through it and split it off and get a new one.
@john415
1552984748017284773156.jpg 1552984794020426290140.jpg

Back