Kv. Cross shaft.

dag

I'm looking for a cross shaft too fit my plough. It is a model A no. 3 body. The shaft is 75 mm diameter. 39 inches end too end. Tube tipe. Does anyone know where I can find one. Been thinking of updating it too a square tipe of shaft if I can find a shaft too fit, with some modifications. Any suggestions will be great. Thanks.

I'm looking for a cross shaft too fit my plough. It is a model A no. 3 body. The shaft is 75 mm diameter. 39 inches end too end. Tube tipe. Does anyone know where I can find one. Been thinking of updating it too a square tipe of shaft if I can find a shaft too fit, with some modifications. Any suggestions will be great. Thanks.

Did you break your own one? I have broke ours so many times. First few times it was the pin where the ball goes on that broke. The last time the shaft split in the middle. Went to local steel yard to find tubing to fit up inside it and weld it around. When I was there I met a lad who had one in his shed just by chance so bought that off him for €50 and have that on the plough. I then fixed up the broken one so have that as a spare so not as much down time if I do break it again. Mick Roche has none and told me they were very hard got. I forget the price but I remember thinking going to the solid shaft and the kit to modify it was expensive

I got my local blacksmith to make one out of solid bar, feel a lot safer now when using the plough.

@kverneland es 80 will correct me but I think there are a couple of different sizes of those so carefully measure any you see around.

You might get lucky and find a solid one either.

Did you break your own one? I have broke ours so many times. First few times it was the pin where the ball goes on that broke. The last time the shaft split in the middle. Went to local steel yard to find tubing to fit up inside it and weld it around. When I was there I met a lad who had one in his shed just by chance so bought that off him for €50 and have that on the plough. I then fixed up the broken one so have that as a spare so not as much down time if I do break it again. Mick Roche has none and told me they were very hard got. I forget the price but I remember thinking going to the solid shaft and the kit to modify it was expensive
Yes second time. It broke end of September last year. Last time it broke I found a solid bar that fitted snug inside, cut some holes in the shaft and welded it back together, the holes welded directly to the bar inside, I even found a piece of tube that fitted on the outside. I split the tube and placed it between the holes where the cross shaft slides through frame, I then managed too push the cross shaft through with a bit of help with the sledgehammer. then I got my vice of the work bench and used that too squeeze the tube tight together so there was no play, and then welded the slit I made back up. Plough is too good too break. Hopefully I can find one somewhere.

4 different diameters. From a mk1 to a mk4 mk3 was hallow other 3 were solid
Kit to modify no longer available afaik.
Mines hollow. Did try 60mm solid shaft once modified the holes and everything. Dam thing flexed so much in the end it snapped. Have a spare cross shaft for the reversible was thinking if there was a way too make that fit some how.

How did he manage the cranked end. Be interesting too see what sort of job he did.
It was lathed down to size and holes bored for the linch pins, they should all have the same idea in my opinion, hear far too many stories of kv ploughs falling off tractors

Back