Kverneland/taarup 4232 mower

Just recently bought a good 2010 one of these mowers on a 1000 pto just wondering can this be changed to a 540 pto ,hate to hear the tractor screaming ,last mower I mowed in economy at 1700 rpm

Just recently bought a good 2010 one of these mowers on a 1000 pto just wondering can this be changed to a 540 pto ,hate to hear the tractor screaming ,last mower I mowed in economy at 1700 rpm
Best of my knowledge you can . By swapping the gearbox’s around. The one the tractor pto goes on to gets put on top and the one going to the mower becomes the one the tractor is now going to drive . If that makes sense.

Keep a careful eye on the oil levels in the swivel gearbox on those. The early ones were troublesome and were mostly recalled and changed for a different make.

If it has the upgrade it should be a safe machine.

Keep a careful eye on the oil levels in the swivel gearbox on those. The early ones were troublesome and were mostly recalled and changed for a different make.

Is the change from 1000 to 540 as simple as swapping the swivel gearbox. I'd imagine you would want to make sure the breathers would be able to be changed.

The swivel box is the same as the picture whether that's the upgrade or not,also I stuck a stethoscope in the greasing hole and low and behold there is 540 rpm sticker on the top of gearbox,as for the breather I would think turn them 180 degrrees

I think it's just a matter of turning the box around, mine is a '18 mower, I've the manual it goes through the procedure if I remember I'll post a picture of the page tomorrow, but I remember reading it and seems v straight forward.

Might be silly question how do you park these for the winter (up full with tap closed with springs in but bed hanging) (or bed on the ground and springs stetched)

Bed up fully and timber blocks placed underneath to prevent it coming down over the winter.
Otherwise you can leave bed on the ground and let off tension on the threaded bar to prevent the stretching of the springs....
I think you know what's the easiest option:Thumbp2:.

Bed up fully and timber blocks placed underneath to prevent it coming down over the winter.
Otherwise you can leave bed on the ground and let off tension on the threaded bar to prevent the stretching of the springs....
I think you know what's the easiest option:Thumbp2:.

Treading off that treaded bar is a pain in the hole. The big welded nut on top of the spring broke off our 4332 one day. Two new nuts and a welder and was back in bussiness

Back