Lamborghini tractors

N Den

What are they like are they any good my neighbour is looking at a 1060 not too many around these parts !

What are they like are they any good my neighbour is looking at a 1060 not too many around these parts !

Just a Same painted a different colour. Some of them wouldn't have great reputations when it comes to reliability, there are other lads on here who would know better than me.

Silver 110 or something like that I think? [MENTION=1411]nashmach[/MENTION] probably knows off the top of his head

1060 is a water cooled same 100.6 silver. least it used to be before they went electric shuttle. drove a same 100.6 quite a bit and loved it, gearbox needs the joints well oiled to keep it right and it isnt that dear to overhaul at worst case from what im told.

i loved the 100.6, did over and above what it should have.

It's the same as a Same 100.6 but AFAIK the Lamborghini is water cooled as opposed to the Same being air cooled.
Good tractor with plenty of gears (60x60), six cyl non turbo, some have a clutchless shuttle and electronic linkage controls. Had a more basic one here

Silver 110 or something like that I think? [MENTION=1411]nashmach[/MENTION] probably knows off the top of his head

Silver 110 is the newer four cylinder model.

The 100.6 is the last of the six cylinder versions.

Gearbox was a bit soft in them and something also tells me head gaskets. Oh and electrics!

Never seemed to be that popular despite having a decent spec as Ted says. Don't understand that myself.

Gearbox was a bit soft in them and something also tells me head gaskets. Oh and electrics!

Never seemed to be that popular despite having a decent spec as Ted says. Don't understand that myself.
Don't know about the gearbox being soft, finding gears was like stirring porridge and the clutch on them is shocking heavy. Electrics wouldn't be they're strong point but they're no Renault either!!
Hydraulic output would be fairly poor compared to some of it's competition but then they came with 4 PTO speeds as standard and ground speed as well. They also had 4 wheel braking as standard.
They would have had a good enough reputation round here and I can think of 10 local to me at one stage but then I'm ten minutes away from an ex dealer

My brother in law had one and got on well with it,dry clutch model.

He bought a newer model with a wet clutch and it turned out a pile of shite so stay away from the wet clutch.

I had a silver 130 from new and it was grand,very economical but if you put up big hours expect some gearbox maintenance.
Overall they are value for money and well specced enough , not in the top reliability stakes but far from the bottom either

Gearbox synchros will give bother in any Same or that era - the only thing to watch on a 100-6 is a turbo - don't buy one that someone has fitted a turbo to - the splitter can't handle the torque and spins a gear on a shaft, the consequential damage of this runs into a £2k bill!

Never seen head gaskets go - but you could be fitting rocker cover gaskets every 1000hrs - but not a big job.

I'm like yourself Nash - I don't understand why they aren't more popular - when we bought our first Same it was a toss up between it and a 398 MF , thank fully the 398 wasn't purchased. - the Same was by far the better tractor in terms of pto power, hydraulic systems and pulling power.

Ourselves and our neighbours used to be all MF customers due to Bells being quite close - all the MF's are now gone and Sames and Lambo's are now the tractors on these farms.

The biggest problem with air cooled engines is that in this climate, where the air comes in, the dust gets damp and cakes, they are really more suited to a dry climate

The biggest problem with air cooled engines is that in this climate, where the air comes in, the dust gets damp and cakes, they are really more suited to a dry climate

Wouldn't agree with that at all, if dust caking is your problem it will do it a lot quicker in a radiator. The Deutz air cooled engines were among the most reliable available in both agri and plant machinery in their day, and miles ahead of the water cooled engines offered by some of their competitors

Wouldn't agree with that at all, if dust caking is your problem it will do it a lot quicker in a radiator. The Deutz air cooled engines were among the most reliable available in both agri and plant machinery in their day, and miles ahead of the water cooled engines offered by some of their competitors

Plus the dry climates tend to be hotter.

The only reason most manufacturers stopped making them is it was impossible to get them to meet the emission regs.

In an ideal world I'd have an air cooled yoke for driving the mill, it's a full time job trying to keep radiators clean. Used to find the same with the stone rake in dry conditions.

In an ideal world I'd have an air cooled yoke for driving the mill, it's a full time job trying to keep radiators clean. Used to find the same with the stone rake in dry conditions.

Well the way i see it is that the tractor can blow the dry dust out in dry climates, and the caking thing happened to one of two sames around here. Think its a buffalo 130 :confused: not sure. it still gives good service, but it got a replacement engine. Liquid cooled for a damp climate, air cooled for a hot dusty one. Air temperature has no real effect on the cooling of them. But thats just my opinion

Well the way i see it is that the tractor can blow the dry dust out in dry climates, and the caking thing happened to one of two sames around here. Think its a buffalo 130 :confused: not sure. it still gives good service, but it got a replacement engine. Liquid cooled for a damp climate, air cooled for a hot dusty one. Air temperature has no real effect on the cooling of them. But thats just my opinion

That much dust caking on an engine didn't happen overnight, if you just turn the key every morning and expect them to go you'll run into problems no matter what engine you have. Air cooled engines are actually harder to keep cool in hot climates, it's a lot easier to cool water than metal. Personally speaking I never overheated an air cooled engine, but it happened me several times with water cooled ones.

Was talking to the man who made my bales this year, he's has a lot of experience of all different makes and he has great praise for the same tractors great traction and power, I was really surprised to hear him say it, not very popular around here either

Back